CM Patrick

MasterCase 5 & MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions, & Improvements Thread

Naw    0

There is nothing new at all in your new MasterCase Maker 5. You just create a lil decorative panel for the front of your casing, so it becomes a new model?

Make it really more creative with more options for daily usage. Don't just try giving more pain in usage. Instead of adding that front panel, that should be removed to be kept somewhere (a time losing option), when we need to read a DVD. Why don't you make it a slide-down option?

Will you put USB 3.1 ports on the new version? Or you are not aware about USB 3.1 already?

Wouldn't it be nice if you know the type of users who use your product, to put atleast 1 Hot-Swap bay in front of the casing? And some option to for adding the USB card reader slots. Why you do not do your stuff to be really full of use?

Why do you limit us buyers in all ways in creation of your new products?

And the USB ports, mic / speaker ports. The best place to locate that is on the front lower left corner of the casing. Use your mind a lil when creating a product for daily usage. Most of pro user do not keep their casing down, it is rather on the right of the user and on the same table of the display. So, it is very harassing when these ports are situated on top of the casing, either your cable will block the DVD tray if you have a headphone cable plugged. And it will be just easier and closer to the user. And the ports on top will be more filled with dust that the ports on the vertical front side.

Use a lil of ideas from Apple if you do not have enough, from the Mac Pro casing (the best casing everyone know in the world till now). Don't make it a model you only think for yourself it is good, it is not good at all. Top designer make better models for the ease of their clients daily usage, not for bring em more pain in usage.

WheresWaldo    0

First time here, and I am about to pull the trigger on a MasterCase Pro 5. I know Cooler Master is working on the Maker case, but I am not going to wait for that since I want most of the features in the Pro anyway. One thing I would like to ask about; Will there be any thought to releasing 3D solid CAD models of any of the removable parts for either the MasterCase or the MasterCase Maker?

I am fully capable of measuring and recreating the models myself, but it would sure save a lot of time and resources if the models were made available directly from Cooler Master. I already had planned on modding the I/O panel to move things around and then 3D printing a new face. Also thinking about modding the external drive bays to use a slot loading blu-ray optical drive in place of a much larger tray loading ODD.

I have seen pictures of most of the trade show stuff, just waiting to see just how open this design will be. Just how forward thinking Cooler Master is with regard to the consumers that want to mod this case moving forward.

A full mesh grill(without the 5.25 bay covers) would be awesome for those who dont use that space, like myself :)

Also more I/O panels, i really like the ones from the COSMOS series with the LED and stuff

There is nothing new at all in your new MasterCase Maker 5. You just create a lil decorative panel for the front of your casing, so it becomes a new model?

Make it really more creative with more options for daily usage. Don't just try giving more pain in usage. Instead of adding that front panel, that should be removed to be kept somewhere (a time losing option), when we need to read a DVD. Why don't you make it a slide-down option?

Will you put USB 3.1 ports on the new version? Or you are not aware about USB 3.1 already?

Wouldn't it be nice if you know the type of users who use your product, to put atleast 1 Hot-Swap bay in front of the casing? And some option to for adding the USB card reader slots. Why you do not do your stuff to be really full of use?

Why do you limit us buyers in all ways in creation of your new products?

And the USB ports, mic / speaker ports. The best place to locate that is on the front lower left corner of the casing. Use your mind a lil when creating a product for daily usage. Most of pro user do not keep their casing down, it is rather on the right of the user and on the same table of the display. So, it is very harassing when these ports are situated on top of the casing, either your cable will block the DVD tray if you have a headphone cable plugged. And it will be just easier and closer to the user. And the ports on top will be more filled with dust that the ports on the vertical front side.

Use a lil of ideas from Apple if you do not have enough, from the Mac Pro casing (the best casing everyone know in the world till now). Don't make it a model you only think for yourself it is good, it is not good at all. Top designer make better models for the ease of their clients daily usage, not for bring em more pain in usage.

Well for starters, there's a whole new front-IO, with USB-C and a fan controller. There's also a tempered glass window. On top of that, that side panel and new top panel (and possibly other panels) have sound-dampening foam. There's also a little piece that helps prevent GPU sag, and many other things. There's a reason they're coming out with a new case, mainly for more modularity.

Naw    0

Well for starters, there's a whole new front-IO, with USB-C and a fan controller. There's also a tempered glass window. On top of that, that side panel and new top panel (and possibly other panels) have sound-dampening foam. There's also a little piece that helps prevent GPU sag, and many other things. There's a reason they're coming out with a new case, mainly for more modularity.

^^^ Whoops XD didn't meant to post that twice

What starters?? Own pro desktop builders are not STARTERS. If you finding no more cheap way of making money. Don't just make a casing looking beautiful but worth of nothing. Pro users are never interested to show everyone what is built in. And again I am telling you. OUR DESKTOP is placed on the table NOT ON THE FLOOR. So, all your ports should come down not on the top of the casing. We respect our desktop, full of expensive motherboard, SSD, RAM and Graphic Card enough to keep on the table, rather than being laid down on the floor.

So, use your brain in production. 

jeonjaeng    2

Along with the changeable front IO shield but with the led's in a red, green, and blue option to better fit a colored RIG!

Hey Cooler Master Listened! Im really glad that this idea was put into play!

I have a recommendation for this case and another, but were put main idea?  Maybe this idea works for some places no in all but is a new because some countries... 

and I decide for this idea only for Cooler Master , is possible than other people occurs but I don't see anyplace but I try to explore more than I give this idea.

Remember: Creativity is not a divine process or an arduous and lengthy process.

For other side: I hate the screws on the covers.

Edited by Felipe Munoz

Atokad47    0

Hi, I have a master case pro 5 and was wondering if anyone knew about any upgraded IO that was coming out? Also I would like to see that they make the front panel for the maker 5 an accessory for the master case 5 and pro 5, just saying that would be awesome! If that is coming though please let me know.

A Push/Pull Radiator with 4 fans don't fit in the case with Top Cover Kit. It should be 10 mm higher :-((((. The Screws for Front Fans are a little bit too short.

If you want to install fans with fan Grills, the length should be minimum 30mm. The HDD Case is vibrating sometimes. The Vibration Pads should improved.

The LED Strip has a JST XH 2P Plug. Which LED Company sells LED Strips with this Plug? There are some LED Strips for RC-Modellcars with JST XH connector. But not for Pc-Modding. How can I customize my Case if i can not do what i wanna do. Why do you make it so complicated? :banghead:  :crybaby:. Is the LED 5v or 12v. It is written nowhere. 

But it is OK. I love this Case.  :grin:

I used Corsair 600T before Mastercase. The Temps from the Motherboard are 30-35 °C in this case. It is great. In 600t was over 40-45°C. The Quality and Processing is very good. Everywhere little Details that makes me happy.

Will CM release LED Strips in other Colors??? 

MCM5

Noctua 140mm PWM Fans

PS: Sorry for my bad English

Skyblade    0

I recently ordered the ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard.  On the ASUS website, it clearly shows an image of the Coolmaster Pro 5 being used in conjunction with this board:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/overview/

audio.png

That is the Pro 5's front and I/O setup.

However, the Specifications page lists it as an E-ATX board.

Extended ATX Form Factor 
12 inch x 10.7 inch ( 30.5 cm x 27.2 cm )

So, could the Pro 5 and Maker support this board or not?