CM Patrick

MasterCase 5 & MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions, & Improvements Thread

CM Patrick    34

I purchased a Mastercase 5 and looking inside now. I noticed a dubbel cable with a 10 pin connector attached, for what is this cable used? is it used for the two USB ports on the front panel? My GA-890FXA-UD5 mainboard hasn't a counter connector as far I can see? If is it used for the two USB ports, is there a converter available to fit it on a GA-890FXA-UD5?

Hello Marcel,

You can also purchase a PCIe USB 3.0 card.

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Rasmus    0

Im guessing this is a good place to ask this, but when my "back" side panel is secured in with the screws there is still quite a bit of play, which seems to result in the panel rattling when you push in on it, the side panel with the window is just fine.

https://youtu.be/pQTHG5eT9bs

Made a short clip to show a bit better what i mean and hope someone can tell me if its an issue with my case or just how that panel is build.

Bouli    7

I just checked and mij case doesn't have that. If it is placed the right way perhaps its a production error. I would contact support if i came acros a thing like this.

Rasmus    0

I just checked and mij case doesn't have that. If it is placed the right way perhaps its a production error. I would contact support if i came acros a thing like this.

Yeah it is placed correctly and it sadly still does it, must be some sort of production error with my case, gonna contact the store i bought it at, sadly they dont have them in stock before the new year, so guess im gonna have to get my money back. A shame since besides the problem with mine i really love the case.

Got my Master Case 5 back in Oct for my 3d modeling skylake build.. Simply put, its the best case I ever used.

Would like to see a gunmettal gray variant, or a bare aluminium... and more dence dust filters, I got a big white dog.

I will probably mod it, very soon.

All that said, Ive got an big issue with my case..

I got two of the same side panels (the component/window side panels), and no back panelno velcro cable ties either..

Only screws hold  the panel in place, but because "rails" are upside down, when I loosen them the panel just falls off.

Because I got it as a promotion, I bought everything else from them and they gave me the Case and a CM B600 PSU..

My retaler said they cant help me to resolve this this issue..

Could you give me a suggestion, how to buy or get a back panel?

salaf    0

I have recently bought this case . Its really easy to work with this case . 

major cons are the top cover , its really lose just slides right off , there is no locking mechanism  to it . 

NO FAN EXTENDER !!! 

other than that i like this case .

There seems to be a problem with the window that i got , This window attract lots of dust particle a , so when i tried to clean this a colon , now there are spots on the window both the glass and the black piece . Tried cleaning it with soap solution and no use its not going , there are lots of scratches emerging from them . Can some one tell me whats going on or how to revert it back . !!!!!1

TUCA85    1

Hello ,

I need help. I have buy the Coolermaster Master Case 5 Pro and the Fan Control unit NZXT Sentry 3 and i cant install them on the 5,25 slot.

The mounting frame is too short :(

What can i do? can i buy a adapter or something?

• Upvote 1

Bouli    7

As far as i know (and correct me of i'm wrong) there is no out of the box universal product out there.

The problem you have looks a bit like the chalange I had with my OC II panel.

(look at my post in http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/13818-official-mastercase-5-series-owners-club/page-3 )

The way I eventualy fixed it for myself is bij making 2 this strips of metal with wich I fixated it to my DVD recorder. (making 1 unit of the DVD recorder and the OC II panel).

Another way I thought of fixing this (but haven't used yet because I could not find an old/broke DVD unit) is to take the casing of a DVD/CD-ROM unit and cut it up so the OC II panel would fit inside it. The newly created unit can then just be fit into the quick lock system CM created.

Manufacturers like CM could keep in mind when creating cases that there are components out there that only have the front holes and not the back ones, but on the other hand manufacturers from those components could make their components to have the right size so it fits any case locking system.

Think both wil point to the other party to fix such a problem.

I had MasterCase  5 version. I want to upgrade, but can not buy these options available separately in Vietnam because Vietnam is only distributed in its entirety

So how do I buy