CM Patrick

MasterCase 5 & MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions, & Improvements Thread

You can install the 280L in the top and keep the 5,25" bay, please follow this instruction:

Just 1 note: if you install an optical drive in the the top 5,25" it will most likely touch the radiator. If you use the 2nd 5,25" bay, you are fine.

Thanks, I watched the video and will do as you suggest. I'll install the optical drive in the second bay. I'll just do without the 5.25 inch utility drawer from my old PC that I was planning to install as well. Thanks once again.  :)

knud    123

You are welcome :)

Let me know how it works out.

• Upvote 1

Steven    0

Hello, I just bought a Master Case Pro and I already have a current mobo it.

On the front panel with the two 3.0 USB ports, the one on the left is not working after I plugged in the 2-in-1 19 pin connector into my AsRock Z97 Anniversary.

So I'm not sure if why it isn't working, any ideas?

I have purchased the MasterCase Pro 5 and one item that I noticed that could use some improvement would be the mesh top cover. It is not fun to keep clean with the honey comb shape plastic in the way.

Also I like the usb 3 ports on top, however my motherboard has not usb 3 port to plug in just usb 2. I have usb 3 ports on the motherboard. One day ill upgrade but do not need to at this time, however it would be nice to have a 2.0 option.

Also maybe the right side panel were the wires are tied back, it would be nice if the panel had a bump out of a half inch to accommodate more wires instead of using up the space in the basement in front of the PSU.

Other wise love the case for the price point. It is a nice change compared to my mountain mods u2ufo case for the last 14 years.

• Upvote 1

knud    123

Hello, I just bought a Master Case Pro and I already have a current mobo it.

On the front panel with the two 3.0 USB ports, the one on the left is not working after I plugged in the 2-in-1 19 pin connector into my AsRock Z97 Anniversary.

So I'm not sure if why it isn't working, any ideas?

Just to clarify: the RIGHT one does work? (using same M/B connector/header)

You can contact RMA and they can send you a new USB port (They can be replaced individually) .

Also I like the usb 3 ports on top, however my motherboard has not usb 3 port to plug in just usb 2. I have usb 3 ports on the motherboard. One day ill upgrade but do not need to at this time, however it would be nice to have a 2.0 option.

You can purchase an adapter like this:

http://www.cmstore.eu/parts-replacements/case/usb-3-0-usb-2-0-adapter/

carlito24    5

Im starting to lean toward this case again knowing a h110i 280ml rad could fit and still be able to add a fan controller and a optical drive.

Question, how likely is it that the I/O would be upgradable? eg more USB, USB C and a fan control

jeonjaeng    2

Did you say RGB?  B)

But more custom LED options would be neat - let me pass on the info.

Hey that's kinda cool. Please let me know where it goes if you could :D

• Upvote 1

knud    123

Question, how likely is it that the I/O would be upgradable? eg more USB, USB C and a fan control

No specific info regarding that spec - but I know it is work in progress.

I purchased a Mastercase 5 and looking inside now. I noticed a dubbel cable with a 10 pin connector attached, for what is this cable used? is it used for the two USB ports on the front panel? My GA-890FXA-UD5 mainboard hasn't a counter connector as far I can see? If is it used for the two USB ports, is there a converter available to fit it on a GA-890FXA-UD5?

Bouli    7

I purchased a Mastercase 5 and looking inside now. I noticed a dubbel cable with a 10 pin connector attached, for what is this cable used? is it used for the two USB ports on the front panel? My GA-890FXA-UD5 mainboard hasn't a counter connector as far I can see? If is it used for the two USB ports, is there a converter available to fit it on a GA-890FXA-UD5?

Yes, that one is for the 2x 3.0 USB ports on the front pannel. If you got a motherboard that suports that you can plug it in directly, if not there are cables to switch this to older USB types so you can stil connect tgem to your motherboard.