CM Patrick

MasterCase 5 & MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions, & Improvements Thread

AlphaBlade    0
Posted (edited)

As a newcomer to custom loops, I am having to learn the ropes as I go. As with PC building in general, the more you do it, the easier it will become.

Edited by Spencer Carruth

WheresWaldo    0

Spencer is asking for a mounting bracket that already fits in the HDD mounting rails, as far as I know it is something that will have to be fabricated or else holes drilled to use whatever mount the radiator comes with.

I plan on 3D modeling just such an adapter and then 3D printing one, but I am not near that point yet and it might be a month or so before I get to it. Maybe by then CM might have their own version of such an adapter.

Runaque    1

The easy way is on the shroud IMO.

This isn't my build, I'm running an AIO watercooler.

7dd92f74-bfb8-4566-9cec-cef82d18cdf0.png

AlphaBlade    0

Also, what's up with the lack of accessories for the MasterCard series? Is this line of cases dead?

Runaque    1
On 5-1-2017 at 8:03 PM, AlphaBlade said:

Also, what's up with the lack of accessories for the MasterCard series? Is this line of cases dead?

It's a matter of the person who builds it, CoolerMaster has plenty of things you can add to the case, but the more specifically things are another matter.

AlphaBlade    0
10 hours ago, Runaque said:

It's a matter of the person who builds it, CoolerMaster has plenty of things you can add to the case, but the more specifically things are another matter.

All that CM has released so far are add-ons to make your case into a pro or maker. What else is there besides this?

Runaque    1
12 hours ago, AlphaBlade said:

All that CM has released so far are add-ons to make your case into a pro or maker. What else is there besides this?

PSU, AIO watercooling, air coolers, keyboards, mouses, headphones, fans, ...

Other brands do similar things and also don't offer custom loop parts.

Posted (edited)
On 4.1.2017 at 5:18 PM, AlphaBlade said:

But how did they mount the reservior? I want to try and not mod the case so the warranty isn't voided.

You can use the 4mm holes from the case for odd and hdd bay.

I mod or change nothing  but only the gap under Front I/O Panel for 420mm Radiator support and 5 passthrough holes

DSC_0279.JPGDSC_0280.JPG

or use a bracket to mount it in the  Radiator Holes

ek-uni-holder50-70_1_600_1.jpg

I change my build 4times and my loop 3 times and take the mastercase always to his limit step by step

Build 1 (AIO)

DSC_0168.JPG

Build 2 (1st Loop)

DSC_0311.JPG

Build 3 (2nd Loop) 

IMG_20161108_222251.jpgIMG_20161105_151053.jpgIMG_20161108_222603.jpg

Build 4(3rd Loop)

I use there the UNI Holder for the reservoir

IMG_20161230_142924_384.jpgDSC_0019 6.JPGDSC_0053 3.JPG

DSC_0078.JPGDSC_0076.JPG

IMG_20170107_225758_295.jpg

Edited by Alperen62002

I got my Maker5 on Friday!. is a amazing case. From how the box is prepared to the insides. I will prepare pictures soon!. I do have some points that is good to have that will be great to do. 

1. if you add a 280 AIO, like the H115i will have problem fitting that. Some users, remove the metal gap that prevent to sit the rad is like 3mm o 4 mmm, there are work around. like a spacer on top, 29mm fans etc. that small gap of metal sticking down is down side. I did not want to cut the case, so i got a H110iV2 and problem solve. 

2. Please, remove the molex from the USB connectors lights from the top. You can use signal from the fan/led controller and add some way that is always light up. Or Make the cable longer!

3. in the back where the cables come from the top there is a channel that comes all the way to the lower part of case. On the end, there is metal area. Please remove that. That will help the cables to come directly to the lower part of the case, making the cables easy to manage!

4. Add a HDD light that is not the same as the System lights. if mine is broken please let me know. since the main case led, is wired to the same cable of the HDD activity. Add another light, white is nice contrast.

5. New motherboard, like the Asus Maximus IX hero  have 1 USB 3.0 plug. Add on the try more routing holes. Small ones at least to clean installation. I order a USB 3.0 extension from DIYMODS so i can clean that!.

6. Can you make a option front panel to add a plexy or glass. Is someone of the community can make these i can order a maker from panel so i can send that and make that for me!

and 7.... make 140mm RGB on all flavors with the box also so we can nse the maker 5 to it full brand potential! I am using ring on the hub and is a blast of air inside. 

a part of that !!!! keep doing the best of work. amazing design huge ways to make it yours!!

Carlos