CM Patrick

MasterCase 5 & MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions, & Improvements Thread

CM Patrick    34

Hello MasterCase Owners,

Please post any type of feedback below about  the MasterCase 5 or Pro 5.

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about the chassis along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Patrick

CMUSA Support

MonsterMawd    33

Looking forward to receiving my sample of the Mastercase 5 and hearing everyone's suggestions.

sarc    0

Can we expect a full tower version?  With maybe 200 mm fans, more gpu space and more disks.

Makes sense since the HAF 935 is discontinued for some reason.

Tim Wabinga    0

Much better if also the PSU shroud can be removed using a thumb screw so that we can replace it with our custom psu shroud (y) 

jeonjaeng    2

Along with the changeable front IO shield but with the led's in a red, green, and blue option to better fit a colored RIG!

• Upvote 1

knud    124

Along with the changeable front IO shield but with the led's in a red, green, and blue option to better fit a colored RIG!

Did you say RGB?  B)

But more custom LED options would be neat - let me pass on the info.

I have purchased the Mastercase Pro 5 and just ordered the Cooler Master Nepton 280L Liquid CPU Cooler. However, after watching the official Cooler master video on installing this liquid cooler int to the Mastercase Pro 5 in the top position, I noticed that during and after the installation the 5.25 inch fron drive cage was removed. I need the 5.25 drive cage for my build and would really prefer not to install the cooler in the front position.

Does the 5.25 inch drive cage need to be removed permanently to accomodate the Nepton 280L in the top mounted position? Or does the 5.25 inch drive cage only need to be removed temporarily, and can be re-mounted after installing the Nepton 280L at top?

Any help would be apprecated as I need to know if I have to cancel my Nepton 280L order and get the Cooler Master Nepton 240M instead. Thanks.

DC3    3

Aluminum......Aluminum...lighter than steel...does not retain heat as long, ..better looking.....can anodize for better colors....a bit more expensive yes....but who are the players...Lian LI, Siverstone, Thermaltake, there is room for Cooler Master to get back in the game !!!!! Just build it and we will come...at least I will ...who will join......bring back the removable motherboard tray along with this...

Thank You,

Bullettrap

Long time gamer...I'm 49

• Upvote 2

knud    124

I have purchased the Mastercase Pro 5 and just ordered the Cooler Master Nepton 280L Liquid CPU Cooler. However, after watching the official Cooler master video on installing this liquid cooler int to the Mastercase Pro 5 in the top position, I noticed that during and after the installation the 5.25 inch fron drive cage was removed. I need the 5.25 drive cage for my build and would really prefer not to install the cooler in the front position.

Does the 5.25 inch drive cage need to be removed permanently to accomodate the Nepton 280L in the top mounted position? Or does the 5.25 inch drive cage only need to be removed temporarily, and can be re-mounted after installing the Nepton 280L at top?

Any help would be apprecated as I need to know if I have to cancel my Nepton 280L order and get the Cooler Master Nepton 240M instead. Thanks.

You can install the 280L in the top and keep the 5,25" bay, please follow this instruction:

Just 1 note: if you install an optical drive in the the top 5,25" it will most likely touch the radiator. If you use the 2nd 5,25" bay, you are fine.

• Upvote 1