Sign in to follow this  
dopie

wavemaster LED problem

dopie    0

Hope u guys could help me. Just got a wavemaster and there seems to be a problem with the two blue LED's in front of the fan. It was lighting up perfectly at first but soon faded away after a day. I was wondering what caused this?? How should i solve this problem? My wavemaster does'nt look fantastic without them.. :?

Johan    0

That was funny... I just started to post the same question about the same problem, and it hit me! Search first... And I ended up here.

Anyway, I have exactly the same problem with my two ATC 110 cases. But only with the Power LED while the HD seems to be bright still. However, the HD LED has a chance to rest most of the time compared with the Power LED's.

I thought that maybe my motherboards, one P4 Gigabyte and one AMD 64 3200+ Gigabyte, had to high voltage to the LED's.

So, judging from your reply, the problem is the LED's and not the motherboards?

As a footnote, ACT 110 cases are the best case I have ever used and it is a pitty those are out of production now... As I read in another thread...

Great engineering!

(The P4 case is about 3 months old bought new and the AMD case is about 1 week bought new)

Josh    0

When I got my case a while back one of the wires going to one of the LED's had broken off. I emailed Coolermaster and I got two new LED's within a few days. :D

Johan    0

Yes, I thought in the same line that something might has gone off. However, those LED's are losing their strenght (shine) and by measuring them with a Process Meter they are burnt.

The thing is, I do not mind to heat up my soldering iron and change them with other LED's, since if the LED is not the core of the problem I'll just burn another set of LED's.

I'm just wonder... What's the specification for the original LED's used? If I would get the same I would opt to put a resistor in series with the LED to lower the voltage slightly... Unless, the problematic LED problem has be resolved already with a different kind of LED's :shock: