julizs

Quickfire Rapid-i just not working.

julizs    0

Hey,

today i received my new Quickfire Rapid-i, but its not working.

What I tried:

• All Usb ports, different computers
  • Uninstall all Usb drivers, also the Intel Usb 3.0 driver and restarted
  • Connected with a PS/2 to Usb connector
  • Tried to install a firmware update, but hey, the "Ok" Button on the installer is greyed out so that also doesn't work
  • Usb Legacy in Bios is activated

In the Device Manager it says: "Unknown Usb Device (Error receiving device description)"

Right click on that and properties tells me: "This device has been stopped, because it reported errors (Code 43). Error at receiving device description"

So far, I'm not impressed. My last mechanical keyboards were just plugin and go.

Any advice is appreciated.

ikt    1

This one should also be plug and play. Your keyboard (or cable!) is probably damaged. Test with another Micro-USB cable or RMA it.

This one should also be plug and play. Your keyboard (or cable!) is probably damaged. Test with another Micro-USB cable or RMA it.

julizs    0

To anyone having the same problem - it is worth trying another usb cable, apparently mine was broken. No clue how this got through CM's Quality Check though.

Pclinde    197

To anyone having the same problem - it is worth trying another usb cable, apparently mine was broken. No clue how this got through CM's Quality Check though.

That's strange! :S Thanks for updating this post.