Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix1956

Sensor shutdown cable ?

Phoenix1956    0

This is more likely been answered already but I need help here ok guys.

I have installed the Aquagate water cooler in my Stacker case and I have no idea where I am suppose to install the sensor cable to on the motherboard. It must be that am having a Brain-Fart here :( , But when you get into these problems where electricy is involved and improper connection can ruin your MB , its best to seek help.

My MB is an ASUS P5AD2 Deluxe and I have no idea where this cable is going to attach to, Maybe thats why I have no readouts on the LCD screen ? :oops:

p.s. In case you hadnt caught on, The waterblock is installed on a 775 CPU and yes, My Bios and MB5 temps are in the green. Just need to get this LCD scrren and cable setup.

Thanks in advance :D

Echo    0

The thermal sensor is connected to the AquaGate controller/power board, the one that fits in the PCI slot, then the sensor part you can put as close the the CPU as possible or even attach it to the water block. Hope that helps ;)

Phoenix1956    0

Opps, My Bad.

Its not the Thermal sensor cable I was refering too, again, my bad !

Its the sensor shutdown cable with the Y-split and the 2 little progs at the end that I dont know where to install it.

Maybe I didnt make it clear enough, sorry my bad.

Echo    0

O.K. no problem, right the cable that you describe goes from the control card to the jumper on your motherboard usually marked as power switch or PW. The cable runs from controller to motherboard then the other part of the cable with the 2 pins you plug the cable from the power switch into. It is explained in the manual though ;)

Echo    0
@ ECHO

Thanks Echo.

Is this also the reason I have no display on the LCD or is it something else that I missed ?

Thanks in advance

make sure the unit is connected as per the installation manual, if that fails you may have a faulty lcd unit.