Sign in to follow this  
Echo

AquaGate Coolant Puzle?

Echo    0

O.K. I got home today and my system was fine, installed some new drivers, rebooted and my AquaGate starts beeping wildly and flashing it's screen at me? So I shutdown, unplug power leave system for 5 min, restart and same thing... temps look normal. So I shut down, remove AquaGate, and check fluid level, wow it's low... top it up to the top, restart and all is fine.

Now, my question is... if the the AquaGate is a "closed" fluid system... where does the coolant disappear to? There no leaks, as I have made sure... how does it evaporate? And what do I do when I run out of coolant?

Just puzzled,

Echo

Phoenix1956    0

Well Echo, am going to try and help you out here as you helped me out.

Think of the water cooler like a Hot Water Heater in a home.

When water heats to a certain point like as in boiling, it creates steam and it has to go somewhere, this somewhere is called a Check valve or blow cock if you perfer. It releases pressure to prevent a ruptured caseing or tank in this case.

Am not 100% correct here, but I think there is a relief valve to do the same thing in a Water Cooler. Initialy, when you power the system up for the first time, the coolant will cycle thru the system and after 5 mins , you add more coolant to refill and bring it up to full. Looking at the bottle of coolant CM had inclued with the cooler, I have about an 1 -2 " left.

Which brings to mind, Where do we get more coolant so at the Cm's advice, we should refill with new coolant every 90 days.

If am wrong here in any way guys, please correct me as am thinking logically here cause Echo said no leaks were found and he had to refill the tank.

To answer your questions, we've found that there is a problem with water evaporates through the tubes of the Aquagate. We will release a new version of tubes that you can purchase that will prevent water from evaporating.

Echo    0
To answer your questions, we've found that there is a problem with water evaporates through the tubes of the Aquagate. We will release a new version of tubes that you can purchase that will prevent water from evaporating.

So let me get this right... we as an end user have pay to rectify a manufacturing problem?

Infinity    0
So let me get this right... we as an end user have pay to rectify a manufacturing problem?

It's an inherant problem with silicon tubing (rather than a manufacturing defect), it has microscopic holes in which eventually the water evaporates through. This is why most people sacrifice the flexibility of silicon tubing use pvc tubing for their watercooling.