Sign in to follow this  
Ron

BTX

Karma Ghost    0
Everyone who has seen this case including the delivery man just loses it. It is that kick A!

So the delivery man lost your stacker? :lol:

It would be nice to see a stacker style in midtower, but then again that is reaching for a rather small audience. Making it midtower would probably allow the use of aluminum because it wouldn't really be considered a server tower any longer.

The one thing I would really like on the stacker is an aluminum front. I was never a big fan of plastic.

N|x    0
The stacker provides room to put a raptor one to a 4-3 cage with a fan each. The two (or three) opticals, temp guages and LED multi use and you are using up the slots. The air flow is tremendous and even the Prescotts should stay cool although an FX 53 939 is going in this one. Everyone who has seen this case including the delivery man just loses it. It is that kick A!

My order would have been placed long ago if the side/top panels for the retail model were black as previously pictured in pre-retail cases. :cry:

Was considering a 3800+ , but with the price difference being negligable there really isn't much of a reason not to spend the extra $80 and get the FX53..

Hansfragger    0

I like the flow layout of BTX much better than ATX. Having your GPU upside down where the heat can't rise and the memory lined up to block airflow always seemed inefficient to me. Not to mention having CPU, NB, SB arrainged so the data paths are shorter and more direct are ideal for trying to squeeze out every last frame per second. When Cooler Master comes out with an aluminum BTX case as functional and stylish as the wavemaster or Praetorian, I will be the first to buy!

220VX    0
Yea, but as a server case it's really heavy. The features would be really great, but lost on the normal user. Unless you want to do some heavy duty RAID 5 or something, you will have all of 8 5.25" bays.

I read in the September issue of Maximum PC that the Stacker is all aluminum and is surprisingly light for its size. Does anyone here have one like that?

Tieros    0
Shhh... Maybe if we stop talking about BTX, it will go away... :D

It will go away, even if we yell about it :D

There are so many underlying technologies that are currently in a state of flux that it's very likely that the B in BTX stands for "blip" :D

My guess is that people will be keeping a close eye on the SFF mobo designers, since they seem to be coming up with most of the cool and useful ideas lately.

We need cable connectors on the flip sides of mobos to improve airflow, PCI-e cards that lay parallel to the mobo with connectors on both sides to streamline cooling and aid in supporting heavy heatsinks, SATA-only boards, slotless mobos that connect to card cages, and about a hundred other useful changes. Not just an Intel-only airflow tweak :D