Sign in to follow this  
Ron

BTX

Ron    1

Within a while the BTX standard will be released.

The CM Stacker is build for it...great!!! and I love it!!! :D

But......

What to do with the old cases? :cry:

The Praetorian, Wavemaster and some older ATC cases have a tray on which you can mount the motherboard.

Isn´t it a option to release trays who will fit the new BTX?

This way people can still use this beautiful cases in the future....

N|x    0
Within a while the BTX standard will be released.

The CM Stacker is build for it...great!!! and I love it!!! :D

But......

What to do with the old cases? :cry:

The Praetorian, Wavemaster and some older ATC cases have a tray on which you can mount the motherboard.

Isn´t it a option to release trays who will fit the new BTX?

This way people can still use this beautiful cases in the future....

That isn't possible without a total redesign of the case because BTX flips the motherboard to the opposite side of the case. Additionally, there are other cooling issues such as the requirements for 120mm case fans and heat pipe.. CM Stacker can meet these requirements because of the 120mm rear/front fans, and the 4-3 drive cage provides an adequate cooling tunnel to blow air across the cpu, chipset etc if the cage was alligned correctly..

more info about BTX can be found at:

http://www.formfactors.org/

N|x    0
I see BTX being phased out like RDRAM Intel is gonna push itt but others probably won't follow..

It's looking that way from my perspective too.. The only reason Intel is pushing for this is due to thermal disapation problems currently becoming an issue with the high end Northwood and Prescott cores.. Intel is finding itself in a jam because Athlon 64's are performing on par with the Prescotts while only requiring half the power consumption. AMD isn't forced to abandon the ATX standard yet to pursues other alternatives, unlike Intel, which puts Intel in a bind. Considering the recent 915/925 benchmarks and Intel's 915/925 FSB overclock lock; these will become stronger motivations at least for the entusiast market not to adopt Intel's new platform.. OEM and server markets are a different story entirely, but in the following year I wouldn't be surprised if AMD ends up taking a larger marketshare away as a result of the Opteron's NX core security, power consumption, and performance.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

I can only say, buy the case just for the case and you will be happy if you convert to BTX or not. This case totally rules!!!!! Cannot believe the air flow and the actual dynamics of the case. Not to mention, it has Jaw dropping looks. My old case went to a specialty shop on consignment.

Karma Ghost    0

Yea, but as a server case it's really heavy. The features would be really great, but lost on the normal user. Unless you want to do some heavy duty RAID 5 or something, you will have all of 8 5.25" bays.

It is truly magnificent, but as for BTX I would be inclined to agree that it is just a fad. I may try it once if I decide to go Intel for my next computer, but for now I am quite content with my Praetorian. :D:D:D:D

bigapl    0

I would love tho see the Stacker in a midtower with aluminum panels for weight.

That would be perfect for people who like drive space but hate giant cases..

Remember my idea LOL..

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

The stacker provides room to put a raptor one to a 4-3 cage with a fan each. The two (or three) opticals, temp guages and LED multi use and you are using up the slots. The air flow is tremendous and even the Prescotts should stay cool although an FX 53 939 is going in this one. Everyone who has seen this case including the delivery man just loses it. It is that kick A!