CM Felinni

Official MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club

I just bought the Master Case Pro.  Everything fits fine (Neptron 280L).  It was an X99 system that I needed as my quad core wasn't cutting it.  My budget said I was getting the 5820K  with the nepton on top.  The front looked like too much work as it had fans preinstalled.  I sadly forgot to connect said fans to the motherboard and I'm too lazy to take the panel off and connect them.  There is just very little room in the case once everything is installed.

I bought a NVMe 2.5 SSD and it won't work with the supplied 2.5" mounts.  Can I order a thicker cage as this NVMe is twice as thick as a normal SSD?

The top o this thing keeps popping of when I move it to clean or dig something out from under it.  It doesn't seem broken.  It just doesn't seem to snap in place so it slides off easy. 

It would have been nice for an 8th PCI slot for cards that have a video card slot in slot 7.  I didn't need this.  just saying.  It would give some extra room as well.

I had to remove the drive cage as it was interfering with my long video card.  It is nice that it is removable and adjustable.  I just removed it for better air low.

This seems to be a mid-ATX tower.  Is there going to be a full-ATX version in the future?

But for the price, this case has a lot of features and nice construction.

John    0

Just bought the Mastercase Pro 5. Got everything installed with no hickups. So far I'm frigging loving this case. It is hands down the best case I've gotten yet. I can fit in just about anything I want into it, yet it all fits in a mid-tower. I'll post up some pictures once I get my case fans with leds for some bling.

Only 1 question: When is CM planning on releasing those sexy tempered glass panels for this case? I spotted them in one of the review videos and it just looks amazing.

knud    129

I bought a NVMe 2.5 SSD and it won't work with the supplied 2.5" mounts.  Can I order a thicker cage as this NVMe is twice as thick as a normal SSD?

The top o this thing keeps popping of when I move it to clean or dig something out from under it.  It doesn't seem broken.  It just doesn't seem to snap in place so it slides off easy. 

You can mount the SSD on top of the SSD cages - there are four screw holes.

As for thicker ones - I will pass on the idea. Which brand NVMe SSD you have btw?

Just bought the Mastercase Pro 5. Got everything installed with no hickups. So far I'm frigging loving this case. It is hands down the best case I've gotten yet. I can fit in just about anything I want into it, yet it all fits in a mid-tower. I'll post up some pictures once I get my case fans with leds for some bling.

Only 1 question: When is CM planning on releasing those sexy tempered glass panels for this case? I spotted them in one of the review videos and it just looks amazing.

Soon

carlito24    5

Any update on when a version that can hold Eatx and a corsair H110i on top of the case will be released

And with extra features eg USB C and a fan controller

Eugene Tran    0

Hi all,

Just bought the Mastercase Pro 5 from Microcenter and unpackaged it, was there any kind of accessory box that was suppose to come with it? I found it odd and went back to the store and exchanged it just in case and didn't get an accessory box again. I don't believe the box listed anything about accessories but I ran into this review and his video shows a box. 

Thoughts?

Hi all,

Just bought the Mastercase Pro 5 from Microcenter and unpackaged it, was there any kind of accessory box that was suppose to come with it? I found it odd and went back to the store and exchanged it just in case and didn't get an accessory box again. I don't believe the box listed anything about accessories but I ran into this review and his video shows a box. 

Thoughts?

They are supposed to come with accessories box or else how are you going to screw anything if there are no screws included?

Eugene Tran    0

They are supposed to come with accessories box or else how are you going to screw anything if there are no screws included?

You would think right? I must be the luckiest person at the moment to get two cases with no accessory box haha

knud    129

You should find the acc'y box in one of the hard drive cages.

If it's not there, I suggest to give CM a call and let them ship one to you directly.

Bouli    7

Just bought a "CM Matercase 5 Pro" last week and installed my new "Asus Maximus Extreme VIII" MOBO with "Intel 6700K" CPU and 32GB DDR4 MEM on it.

The CPU is cooled by a "Corsair H110i GT" and the power is provided by a "Corsair HX 850i".

I add the "Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming"graphics card, a "Crucial MX100 512GB"SSD and a "WD 2TB green" HDD i cannibalized from my old 2700k system.

The end result is this:

foto%201.jpg

foto%202.jpg

foto%203.jpg

foto%207.jpg

foto%209.jpg

foto%2010.jpg

foto%2011.jpg

In the next photo you can see there is enough space for an E-ATX graded MOBO like the "Asus Maximus Extreme VIII".

foto%204.jpg

One problem i ran into was that the "Corsair H110 GT" radiator would not smootly fit the case because of a metal strip.

See the next photo, metal strip is pointed out by the red Arrow. Idea was it should fit the slit that is marked by the red circle.

But it was nothing my Dremel tool could not fix. :D

foto%205.jpg

And here a photo at the other side of the radiator where it did match up as it should.

foto%206.jpg

Even the pretty long "Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming" fit with just enough space to fit the HDD cage if i ever decide to install it.

foto%208.jpg

A problem i stil need to address is how i can fit the OC II panel i got with the MOBO.

For some strange reason the lock/unlock device for the 5,25 bracket only locks the last row of holes and not the front row,

As aside from CD/DVD/etc. are long enough and most fan controllers etc. only have front row holes this is a anoyance.

foto%2012.jpg

foto%2013.jpg

foto%2014.jpg

Not sure if i will butcher an old CD/DVD drive to fuse it togather with the OC pannel bracket to make it work or look for another wat to fix it.

Other than that i think its a great case with lots of ways to make your build work.

Things like custom watercooling i can see happen verry easy and i'm thinking of putting it in my case later on.

Hope this wil help out others who have or are tempted to buy this case.

• Upvote 1

Pclinde    197

Hope this wil help out others who have or are tempted to buy this case.

Thanks for sharing! Useful information. :D