CM Felinni

Official MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club

Hi fella's, Iv'e a Pro5 and am thinking of getting the maker upgrade kit. Tbh I only really wanted the front panel/grill but now realise I will need to change the front IO for it to fit. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to building. Can anyone explain exactly what cables come from the IO. Do the type c and usb 3 both connect to a single usb 3 header? or do I need a special type c header. Do the 2 usb 2's connect to a single header and if so is this male or female as the only spare usb 2 header on my mobo seems to be male. I have an asus hero viii if anyone has any experience with this.

Many thanks in advance for any help, Adam.

• Upvote 1

Stuart Lee    2
20 hours ago, Adam Belcher said:

Hi fella's, Iv'e a Pro5 and am thinking of getting the maker upgrade kit. Tbh I only really wanted the front panel/grill but now realise I will need to change the front IO for it to fit. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to building. Can anyone explain exactly what cables come from the IO. Do the type c and usb 3 both connect to a single usb 3 header? or do I need a special type c header. Do the 2 usb 2's connect to a single header and if so is this male or female as the only spare usb 2 header on my mobo seems to be male. I have an asus hero viii if anyone has any experience with this.

Many thanks in advance for any help, Adam.

Hi, You have to get the Maker 5 Upgrade kit which include the front panel, meshes , led/fan hub, front panel & door, the I/O panel.

> The cables comes with it is basically the same as the Pro version with additional led and fun button that are connected to the led/fan hub.

> The Led/fan hub need to be powered by SATA

> There's a molex for the red led text on the I/O panel ( those ' 3.0 ', ' 2.0 ', etc )

> The USB Type-C 3.0 is just another type of header for you to plug in USB Type-C devices, they are both connect to the same USB 3.0 Header on your motherboard. It still looks the same. 

> The USB 2.0 is the same old connector and only use of one your available USB 2.0 header.

> The same HD audio/AC97 Connector for your audio needs. 

I have ASUS B85 Pro Gamer.

• Upvote 1

MonsterMawd    33

My Mastercase 5 worklog,  http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/16339-cooler-master-mastercase-racing-porsche-917-le-mans-tribute/

Finally back from other commitments and got to fill the loop last night for leak testing. Only remaining items on to-do-list are connecting all of the cables, installing SSD and Operating System.

buy-squeeze-bottle-PC-water-coolant-liqu

Shabriandy    0
On 11/22/2016 at 10:06 PM, Alperen62002 said:

I  know what you did wrong..... 

You did not read the manual from Bitfenix Sprectre Pro, right?

Look at here:

https://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/spectre-pro-led#support

Screenshot_62.jpg

This 2 Pin Cable from the fan is not power cable for the fan leds!!!!!  LEDs and the Fan blades have the same power source from 3-pin or 4-pin

Sorry for the super late reply of mine...

So the 2 pin header on the maker 5 is indeed different from my friend's CM 690 II Advanced, since it works on his.

From point number 2 we could say that these fans are not compatible with the case, since the 2 pin header on the maker 5 have it's own power source. Even though the part that broke was the PCB instead of the fans, fragile huh. My bad for only having assumptions based on the question I asked here without further research. Anyways thanks a lot for pointing this out.

Have anyone already tried any LED fans that have special features with this case (plugged into the PCB)? Such as the new Corsair RGB fans or the Thermaltake RGB Riing fans?

I wouldn't risk my PCB again with my assumptions anymore..

Thanks

James    0

Well no real mods to the case unless the store that built it for me did. It is what I had put inside that makes people who know say "Mother of God"

Mastercase Pro 5
Processor: I7-6950X
Video: TWO Titan X Pascal cards on SLI. (three pounds each!)
Motherboard: GA-X99M Gaming 5
Memory: 64GB DDR4 Crucial by micron
Hard Drive 1: Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Hard Drive 2: WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 (led)
Power: EVGA 1000GQ 1000Watt
Optical: LG DVDROM

15032816_1150314501671957_5735280686630444801_n.jpg

freai    0

nice cases, play Cellular Games free online game for free at any time and everywhere. You can play certain versions of free mobile games online directly on this site without having to have a cellphone. If you have a cellphone, you can try some of these games for free on this site and then download them to your iPhone, Android or Windows Phone to play while on the go. Many game genres available such as Role play, racing, 3D games, Sport games, RPG, FPS, Puzzle and many more exciting than other websites. Also at the top of our site, you will find a tab labeled a new game, which will take you to our latest and newest titles. Some of our current hits include the classic 1970s Simon arcade and the Bubble Shooter HD puzzle mini game. In the next tab you will see a link to our blog. Our blog posts help readers by telling them about our hottest games, updates on the site and relevant feature articles. Please have fun, friend.