CM Felinni

Official MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club

ahmed ahmed    0

Currently, i'm building a new gaming rig with this case and i was wondering if a Corsair H110 cooling radiator would fit in the top, if not, would a Corsair H100i GTX fit?

knud    129

Okay, just got a Master Case 5.  One question so far: the header connections for the front panel are all typical but one I don't get.  It's a 19 pin (20-1) female that has two cables running to it.  What does this do and where is it plugged into the motherboard?

That would be the USB3.0 header. 

knud    129

Currently, i'm building a new gaming rig with this case and i was wondering if a Corsair H110 cooling radiator would fit in the top, if not, would a Corsair H100i GTX fit?

No it is too long - max length supported is 297mm. The H110 is 312mm in length.

Runaque    1

The Corsair H100i GTX will fit in the top of the case, the Corsair H110 only in front of it.

Edited by Dennis Dockx

The H110 or H115 can fit on the top only if you iInstall the fans on the top first and 35mm screws  with 5mm thicker spacer rings because of the flansche of the case on the top. If you install it with 30mm screws the fans will be  loose betweed the radiator and the top.

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Runaque    1

I have build this rig some months ago, first with an AMD CPU, but I changed it a month later to an i7. The CPU is overcloced just as the GPU's and it runs games in ultra high or in ultra settings.

- Intel core i7-4790K 4GHz @ 4.7GHz
- Lepa AquaChanger 240
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 KILLER
- 16gb Kingston HyperX Fury (4x4Gb)
- Sapphire NITRO Radeon R9 380 4Gb CrossFireX
- CoolerMaster MasterCase PRO 5

- Samsung SH224BB DVD/RW BLACK
- Crucial MX200 2,5" SSD
- Toshiba 640Gb 2,5" HDD

- Corsair CX850M

- Windows 10 64-bit

Some pictures to have a small impression.

IMG_20160612_121051.jpg

IMG_20160612_125615.jpg

IMG_20160503_174609.jpg

IMG_20160503_162833.jpg

This last picture is still with the FM2+ motherboard, but this has been changed to a motherboard from the same Fatal1ty Killer series to fit an i7-4790K. Just think away the air cooler that has been replaced by the Lepa AquaChanger 240.

This is my first serious build after I had a small budget build in an Elite 130. I hope you'll like it. :happy9:

CM Patrick    34

Hello,

You should be able to install the H110 (280mm Radiator) at the top but you will definitely need to install the fans in between the the bracket and the radiator.

Look at this installation guide for the Nepton 280L in a MasterCase Pro 5.

http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-install-Nepton-280L-at-the-top-of-MasterCase-Pro-5/?q=nepton&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Patrick
CMUSA Support

Runaque    1

I found a design flaw in the case that bothers me a lot and it has to do something with that my system gets dusty inside.

While I wanted to clean the front mesh I saw some dust piling up in a small space underneath the case. This space is located between the lower fan and the plastic cover in the bottom, this turns out to be the front legs (let me call it this way) that are completely open and allow the fans to suck dusty air that might collect underneath the PC while standing on the floor.

I dunno if this intended or just been overlooked.

• Upvote 1