CM Felinni

Official MasterCase 5 Series Owners Club

Stuart Lee    2

I plugged in the 2-pin LED cables from the fans to the controller, and the moment I turned on my PC, a component on the controller board got toasted..

Here's the picture

Controller_Board.jpg

It turns out that this damaged the LED mode toggling function completely (to the led bar nor the led fans), even though I've tried removing the 2-pin led fan cable or the fans itself from the controller board. I thought if it was not compatible it would just not function with the led fans, I didn't expect the controller board would end up like this. I did use the same kind of fans that my friend have on his CM 690 II Advanced though.

Any thoughts...?

What fans you plugged in?

Does the header looks the same as the header of led bar from CM?

Do you plug in the wrong way, cause i think they may have a positive and negative.. and you may have put the wrong way.

I own Maker 5 too, and i plugged all 3 Silencio FP fans on it with the led too, and it's all good. 

Edited by Stuart Lee

knud    128

I plugged in the 2-pin LED cables from the fans to the controller, and the moment I turned on my PC, a component on the controller board got toasted..

Here's the picture

Controller_Board.jpg

It turns out that this damaged the LED mode toggling function completely (to the led bar nor the led fans), even though I've tried removing the 2-pin led fan cable or the fans itself from the controller board. I thought if it was not compatible it would just not function with the led fans, I didn't expect the controller board would end up like this. I did use the same kind of fans that my friend have on his CM 690 II Advanced though.

Any thoughts...?

To be honest, I didn't expect that to happen. Since the fan is not from CM - was the header similar/same as the LED strip?

(what fan is it? I want to see/check if we can replicate the issue here)

Regardless, you can apply for a replacement PCB here.

Kristian    0

Ok, need some help guys.

Love the Mastercase Maker 5 - however before I purchase, my question is with an EATX board. From what you guys are saying above, will fit an EATXyes? I'm looking at the: 'ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, for X99 LGA2011-3 Extreme Processors,

Dimensions: EATX, 12-inch. Will this also fit the Maker 5 ?

Cheers

Sunday Morning    177

Ok, need some help guys.

Love the Mastercase Maker 5 - however before I purchase, my question is with an EATX board. From what you guys are saying above, will fit an EATXyes? I'm looking at the: 'ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, for X99 LGA2011-3 Extreme Processors,

Cheers

Hey Man

Welcome to CM forum

we already notice that maker 5 only support up to ATX type of motherboard .

But you can contact customer services maybe they have solution as you mention above .

Hope this can help

knud    128

Ok, need some help guys.

Cheers

It will fit, however, the rubber grommets will be partially blocked.

Also see this post

knud    128

As you are in NZ, you might be one of the first ones to have the chance to buy this case :)

Shabriandy    0

Sorry I didn't had the chance to give an immediate reply

On 11/9/2016 at 10:14 PM, Stuart Lee said:

What fans you plugged in?

Does the header looks the same as the header of led bar from CM?

Do you plug in the wrong way, cause i think they may have a positive and negative.. and you may have put the wrong way.

I own Maker 5 too, and i plugged all 3 Silencio FP fans on it with the led too, and it's all good. 

- The fans that I used was Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm.
- Yes the LED header from the fans was the same as the header of the red LED bar that comes with the case (2-pin headers).

- I already made sure the positive and negative not mistaken.

- Probably only cooler master fans were compatible? Ever heard someone use other than cooler master fans?

On 11/10/2016 at 10:21 AM, knud said:

To be honest, I didn't expect that to happen. Since the fan is not from CM - was the header similar/same as the LED strip?

(what fan is it? I want to see/check if we can replicate the issue here)

Regardless, you can apply for a replacement PCB here.

I used Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm fans, the LED header was the same as the LED strip, and it fits perfectly to the PCB.

1 hour ago, Shabriandy said:

Sorry I didn't had the chance to give an immediate reply

- The fans that I used was Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm.
- Yes the LED header from the fans was the same as the header of the red LED bar that comes with the case (2-pin headers).

- I already made sure the positive and negative not mistaken.

- Probably only cooler master fans were compatible? Ever heard someone use other than cooler master fans?

I used Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm fans, the LED header was the same as the LED strip, and it fits perfectly to the PCB.

I  know what you did wrong..... 

You did not read the manual from Bitfenix Sprectre Pro, right?

Look at here:

https://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/accessories/spectre-pro-led#support

Screenshot_62.jpg

This 2 Pin Cable from the fan is not power cable for the fan leds!!!!!  LEDs and the Fan blades have the same power source from 3-pin or 4-pin

• Like 1

Hi guys i have a question for you. My front panel power, fan speed and led controller leds are ok. I mean it works. Lights on. But USB 3 (C Type), USB 3, USB 2, USB 2 led lights are off. I think somethings wrong with my case. Any ideas? Thanks for help :))