Sign in to follow this  
newbietocm

AQUAGATE???

newbietocm    0

hello all,

i am finally considering going into watercooling....have the money for a custom setup, but can't resist the beauty of the aquagate...

couple questions for you cmers out there...

1)performance, can the aquagate match a custom setup, or pretty much fair performance and buying the look?

2)is the new one coming out soon or something? what is the scoop on that? or has the current ag been adjusted?

Well let me try and answer your questions:

1) I've never used another water cooling system before but I have an Aquagate running here on a 3.4 P4 Prescott 478pins. I ran Far Cry and Doom3 and HL2 at CES 2005 for 10 hours a day and it kept the CPU constant 49 degree Celcius.

2) There will be 3 new versions of Aquagate coming out in 2005. However, in March, we will release a new water block for HDD and LGA775 compatible for the Aquagate I. Aquagate 2 will be debut at CEBIT which is in March.

newbietocm    0

i take it, everythin on your ag is stock, no custom stuff right?

ok, so new one coming out in march, i am sure it will look cooler, so i am thinking i should wait on it, u agree right? bc i know you have seen it!

alright, so will the new one cost more, or will the old one go down in price?

fill me in, i don't want to spend then regret if you know what i mean..

plus, i am thiking you had quite a low room temp over there at ces....

haha

i take it, everythin on your ag is stock, no custom stuff right?

ok, so new one coming out in march, i am sure it will look cooler, so i am thinking i should wait on it, u agree right? bc i know you have seen it!

alright, so will the new one cost more, or will the old one go down in price?

fill me in, i don't want to spend then regret if you know what i mean..

plus, i am thiking you had quite a low room temp over there at ces....

haha

First, the Aquagate is stock and nothing custom.

Second, The new one will be debut in March and not release in March. The look will be the same. The only and major differences will be it comes with a new water block to support LGA775, VGA water block, HDD water block, and Northbridge water block. Also the fan will be different. Waiting for the new one or not is up to you. The Current Aquagate now does have the ability to cool those components from Aquagate 2.

Third, as far as pricing, I am not sure.

Lastly, CES was fricking HOT!!! Eventhough it was snowing outside.