Ez E

Cpu temp 90+ celcius after installing new video card

Ez E    0

Hi there! Thank you for your time and help.

I have a 5820k processor and a 980 Ti which is cooled by a coolermaster nepton 280l all in one watercooler system. I put this together about 4 months ago and it has been working very well with idle temps at about 40-45 degrees with an overclock on the CPU to 4.5 GHz.

Today I tried to install a second 980 Ti. After installing this I booted up my computer and the fans on the cpu cooler were spinning very loudly and the cpu temp was going up to 85-95 degrees Celsius. I tried to decrease to overclock back to stock speeds and have shut down and restarted the computer with no change in the cpu temp. I tried going back to one card and still no difference. The computer overheats and one time it shut itself down soon after getting into windows (all the other times I shut it down due to how high the temperature was getting.

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the problem. One of the pipes from the cooler is quite warm and the other is cool. I can't tell if the pump is working or not but the light on the cooler is lighting up.

I would very much appreciate any advice you have! Thank you so much for your time.

Please let me know if I can give you any more details to help.

Thanks again!

CM Patrick    34

Hello Ez E,

It appears that the pump is defective. Are you able to see if the pump is producing an RPM in BIOS?

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support

Ez E    0

Hello Ez E,

It appears that the pump is defective. Are you able to see if the pump is producing an RPM in BIOS?

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Thank you for your reply! Would the rpm of the pump show up as the rpm under the fan power spot on the motherboard that it is plugged into?

Ez E    0

Hi there. So looking at my fan speeds I have my cooler pump unit plugged into cpu fan 1 and it looks like it is going at 0 rpm and my fans for the cooler are going at 1900 or more (as it heats up)

Does this mean the cooler pump has failed? What should I do about that? I just purchased it in May 2015.

Thanks for your advice.

CM Patrick    34

Hello Ez E,

Yes a Pump RPM reading of Zero or N/A means the pump is defective and not circulating any water.

Please submit the RMA through CM Fanzone so we can get you a replacement.

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support