Sandy Russell

Computer together, powers on and nothing shows on screen

Hi,
This is my first build. My daughter wanted a gaming computer and picked the parts. She said she could build it with a friend who lives in a different state (via skype) could build it. I am knowledgeable with hardware parts and have never been scared to pop a case after my first time years ago.
We put it together, the fans everywhere spin, even on the graphics card. The power button turns on, but there is nothing that shows up on screen.
We have disconnected all except the bare essentials (all motherboard connections are still there), but some things like the extra fans, we have left off.
I am using a Corsair CX600M
Have a Cooler Master N200
XFX graphics card

AMD Processor
I have the memory in slot 1 and 3 per instructions. 
I saw on the forum about the power switch on the motherboard being used when the power button failed, I have no idea how to do any of that.
Thanks so much for your time.

Okay, totally an idiot. I plugged in the 24 pin of the Corsair. There was a 8 pin that fit no where labeled CPU. After looking over the Corsair manual, it was splittable and the 4pin is now seated in the motherboard. The power button no longer blinks. The DVD burner opens.
BUT......

There is nothing that shows on screen and no beeping at all.
Thanks in advance.

dwilko    5

Just to clear up , have you put a HDMI cable from the HDMI slot on the motherboard or the GPU HDMI out ?

dwilko    5

Oh and forgot to ask what motherboard it is?

I had a booting issue when I first rebuilt my rig we overtightened the CPU socket (not by much either) would turn on but wouldn't post.but check connections first :)

mine wont work either i get the same thing have a asus 970 pro gaming/aura and it powers on but no post or anything on screen but i have a solid red led which i think is a cpu problem have a replacement on the way so will find out

dwilko    5

Intel cpu? I made the mistakè with an aftermarket cooler tightened down a bit much only just , if you have a stock cooler dont worry , make sure the rams seated ok , gpu is in and secure and re dowiring just to check.

You should also just be able to put the cpu cooler ram and psu together out of the case and see if it boots (anti static surface is good for this) forgot to say make sure the offsets are correct and your motherboard isnt fowling on your case.

Let me know how you get on :)

dwilko    5

Id also check the cpu pins wise nothing bent etc , normally something simple and as say if you have the gpu plugged in make sure hdmi is in the back of that not the mobo

Id also check the cpu pins wise nothing bent etc , normally something simple and as say if you have the gpu plugged in make sure hdmi is in the back of that not the mobo

sorry had to make new account google one doesnt seem to work wierd anyways i checked my cpu pins and they are all perfect had the motherboard replaced and still get the same problem this is the second motherboard im pissed everything powers on all fans spinning no post but the red cpu light is on which i contacted asus and they said might need a bios update to get my fx8350 to work with it which doesnt help me if i cant get it to post so dumb i am sending the board back and bought a different one hopefully it works if it doesnt going to have to check the power supply

Intel cpu? I made the mistakè with an aftermarket cooler tightened down a bit much only just , if you have a stock cooler dont worry , make sure the rams seated ok , gpu is in and secure and re dowiring just to check.

You should also just be able to put the cpu cooler ram and psu together out of the case and see if it boots (anti static surface is good for this) forgot to say make sure the offsets are correct and your motherboard isnt fowling on your case.

Let me know how you get on :)

How do u check offsets?