GPharr

CPU Coolers for Socket 1151

GPharr    0

Just wondering if any of your CPU coolers are compatible with the new Socket 1151 boards, and especially boards with back plates (which required longer screws or mounts). I'm wanting to build a system with the new 6th Gen Intel CPUs and Z170 chipset boards, but find very few coolers that list 1151 compatibility in the specs. If you have some, which ones? and perhaps the web pages should be updated to list the new sockets too. Thanks!

GPharr    0

That's great news! I would recommend getting all the product descriptions updated on websites such as Newegg, TigerDirect, Amazon, etc to show that or you might loose out on many sales. If customers are looking for a cooler and don't see 1151 listed in the description, they will likely buy another product not knowing these would work. At a minimum, each of your own product website pages should be updated.

Thanks!

CM Patrick    34

That's great news! I would recommend getting all the product descriptions updated on websites such as Newegg, TigerDirect, Amazon, etc to show that or you might loose out on many sales. If customers are looking for a cooler and don't see 1151 listed in the description, they will likely buy another product not knowing these would work. At a minimum, each of your own product website pages should be updated.

Thanks!

Hello Gpharr,

The new 1151 socket has the same mounting as the previous 1150/1155/156 sockets. All coolers that supported the previous sockets will support the 1151.

Is there a specific cooler that you are interested in?

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

thatguy00    0

Hello, 

I purchase the Nepton 240M, im having issues with the fitment of the product w/ the LGA 1151. w/ MSI Z170A M7  board. 

If I use the 1150 way to install i cannot get it to fit. I tried all 3 different settings on the clips. If i use the Screws and the INTEL side of the bracket. I can get it to install with the screws that are fitted (see Attached). What happens is on the other side i cannot get the block to screw in correctly The brackets that attached from above). Its not balanced neither on the interior part of the screw placement or the exterior. The only way it will fit is with one in the inside and one in the outside screw placement. Not sure how to approach this. 

I have a pic of the screws used. and its hard to describe the fitment issue from the top part. I will post a follow up pic. but the image below describes kind of what i mean. 

post-101035-0-19425400-1441204318_thumb.jpg

post-101035-0-51038900-1441209251_thumb.jpg

CM Patrick    34

Hello Thatguy00,

It appears that you are using the incorrect screws to install the cooler. You are using part E when you should be using Part N.

Please view the instructions on our website.

http://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-240m.html

post-89545-0-16128700-1441231956_thumb.jpg

post-89545-0-05763200-1441231976_thumb.jpg

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support

thatguy00    0

Hello Patrick, 

After several attempts with all 3 positions of the cliip i could not get them to enter the MB correctly. Now Lets just say I get them to align and fit. Can you please explain how i get the brackets to align with the screws...the Top of the MB would have the same positions regardless of the screws inserted. The brackets provided (F) have 2 positions for the adjustments. I could get neither to fit. Took a picture. 

post-101035-0-50558000-1441286854_thumb.jpg

CM Patrick    34

Hello Patrick, 

After several attempts with all 3 positions of the cliip i could not get them to enter the MB correctly. Now Lets just say I get them to align and fit. Can you please explain how i get the brackets to align with the screws...the Top of the MB would have the same positions regardless of the screws inserted. The brackets provided (F) have 2 positions for the adjustments. I could get neither to fit. Took a picture. 

Hello Thatguy00,

Please view the instructions under the download tab on our website. The brackets do not attach that way that you have pictured. They will attach across the top and bottom of the Pump or CPU socket.

Instructions:

http://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-240m.html

Videos:

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support