Eric Siebeneicher

HAF X Liquid Cooling

Been gathering components for a while, waiting on the new Intel chips to come out.

I've been looking at various CPU coolers, and despite the list on Cooler Master's site of what is compatible with the HAF X case, the only one that I am certain is compatible is the Nepton 140XL.  On the compatibility list, most of the Neptons and all of the Seidons show to be compatible, but before I spend the money I wanted to make sure which the others actually fit.  I'd prefer to go with the Seidon 240M or Nepton 240M.

Do anyone have a recommendation/experience for which coolers to use on the HAF X case?

It's been almost 5 years since I last built myself a new PC.  This is my first use of liquid cooling so I figured I'd ask for advice.

Thanks in Advance

CM Patrick    34

Hello Eric,

The HAF X will support the Nepton 240m and the Seidon 240m. It will not support the Nepton 280L

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support

I don't see how the Nepton 240m would install on the HAF X??? Any help Patrick? Would there still be room for a fan at the top of the case with use of the Nepton 240m?

eric dont know about nepton cooling but i do know that you got a monster of a case cause mine takes up a good section of my work space and can only tell you from personal experience that the haf xb is a modders case so you gotta get creative build you a custom loop it will look sweet and you will be proud of the work that you have done check out http://www.performance-pcs.com/ they got a few sweet dealz but there shipping is bogus might have to check around to get the cupon code for free shipping

but hey

I don't see how the Nepton 240m would install on the HAF X??? Any help Patrick? Would there still be room for a fan at the top of the case with use of the Nepton 240m?

Yeah, that is my concern as well.  I still don't know where it would mount.

eric dont know about nepton cooling but i do know that you got a monster of a case cause mine takes up a good section of my work space and can only tell you from personal experience that the haf xb is a modders case so you gotta get creative build you a custom loop it will look sweet and you will be proud of the work that you have done check out http://www.performance-pcs.com/ they got a few sweet dealz but there shipping is bogus might have to check around to get the cupon code for free shipping

but hey

I thought about something smaller, but I need a lot of space.  Normally I would have waited until build time, but I got the HAF X through a promotion at work for only $100 so I couldn't pass it up.

CM Patrick    34

Yeah, that is my concern as well.  I still don't know where it would mount.

Hello Eric,

You would need to remove the plastic top cover that covers the top 200mm fans. Next, you will need to remove the 200mm fan from the top of the case.

After this has been completed, you will see the 120mm mounting holes for the 240mm radiator.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Gary Jones    0

For anyone interested, you can get the Nepton 280L to fit. It involves putting the radiator itself on top of the case, under the plastic cover, then bolting the fans to the rad  inside the case. The act of bolting fans to rad clamps the assembly to the case frame. Maybe not a perfect solution, but as I had the HAF X and the 280L, I wasn;t going to waste either.