Sign in to follow this  
dowzer

CoolViva compatibility questions

dowzer    0

I have a couple of compatibility questions with the CoolViva:

First, does anyone know if the CoolViva will properly mount on a 6800GT? The Zalman coolers are incompatible with the 6800GT and Ultra due to the position of the HSF holes. I'd like to confirm this with the CoolViva.

Second, will this cooler clear the RAM slots on an Asus A7V333? The RAM slots are unfortunately right above the AGP slot, so I'm not sure if the CoolViva's back heatsink will clear the installed RAM.

Thanks!

Mr. Miyagi    2

Ron or Bryant (bigbadbns) posted a while ago that the CoolViva will fit on the 6800 Ultra so I don't see a problem with the GT. I'm not sure about the RAM slots. I would do some measuring.

VoongKoong    0

Get an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5...beats any air cooled VGA cooler out there. Make sure to use Arctic Silver 5 for more effectiveness.

dowzer    0

How loud is the fan on the NV Silencer 5? The whole sone measurement thing really makes it hard to compare. I basically want something that I won't be able to hear.