sap995

High Idle Temps

sap995    0

I recently built a file server and I am concerned about the idle temps for the processor.

It has an Intel i3-4160 with the Seidon 120v liquid cooler, but my idle temps are around 45-50C. When the processor is under a load, even a small one the temp can spike up to 80-90c. The cooler can quickly get that back down to the mid 70s, but I am still concerned.

I haven't built a system in awhile, but these temps seem high to me. 

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Additional information:

Running Ubuntu Desktop

Monitoring temps with pSensor

Mohd Noh    179

Hi,

Try recheck you installation

My Seidon 120v with i3 idle at 26c and load at 40c

• Upvote 1

sap995    0

I opened her up and HOLY CRAP!! The layout of my motherboard wasn't allowing my cooler to lay flat on the CPU. After orienting the cooler the other direction I am now idling around 33 and a 5 min stress test didn't get above 55. I'm still not running as cool as you, but a huge improvement.

Any recommendations on dropping the next few degrees? I am currently only running a push fan on my radiator, would adding a pull fan give me those few degrees?

Mohd Noh    179

I opened her up and HOLY CRAP!! The layout of my motherboard wasn't allowing my cooler to lay flat on the CPU. After orienting the cooler the other direction I am now idling around 33 and a 5 min stress test didn't get above 55. I'm still not running as cool as you, but a huge improvement.

Any recommendations on dropping the next few degrees? I am currently only running a push fan on my radiator, would adding a pull fan give me those few degrees?

you can refer my seidon 120v at gallery ...

Bro make sure you plug the pump with correctly ... adding more fans is help but not much