I recently purchased a V8 GTS. Does it matter which way I mount the heatsink? The reason I'm asking is, some installation videos I've seen, say to mount the heatsink on the mo/bo outside of the case. I don't want to go through the hassle of disassembling my computer. Looking at the computer through the side panel, can I mount the heatsink with the fans front and back or top and bottom? Or, does it make any difference? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've seen this video. It recommends installing the unit outside of the case. That is what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to disassemble my computer. Also, this guy should invest in a 1/4" drive socket set with an extension. It would make it very simple to tighten the nuts on the standoffs.

Sunday Morning    177

I've seen this video. It recommends installing the unit outside of the case. That is what I'm trying to avoid. I don't want to disassemble my computer. Also, this guy should invest in a 1/4" drive socket set with an extension. It would make it very simple to tighten the nuts on the standoffs.

most of the video i seen .. they install the cpu cooler first ... i didnt find any video as you mention ....maybe you can try .. by you self ..

Good luck ... :)