Michael Budden

Will the Cooler Master Nepton 240m fit in my case?

I am thinking about getting the Cooler Master Nepton 240m. What I want to know is if it will fit my Enermax Ostrog GT mid tower case? No one on Tom's Hardware replied to my questions so I decided to come here hoping for a definite answer. Now, even though it says my case can have 240mm radiators installed, I just want to be very sure it can fit the Cooler Master Nepton 240m. http://www.overclockers.com/enermax-ostrog-gt-giant-midtower-case-review/

If it won't fit, then I can just get this:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00NGMIBUU/?tag=pcp0f-20 (It says it compatible with the CM Nepton 240m on Part Picker site)

PS: To let you know how much clearance from the CPU to the top of the case, I'm gonna install the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard.

Thanks in advance!

So what you're showing me is proof the Cooler Master Nepton 240m will indeed fit into my case, right? If so, that saves me a whole ton of money to spend on a new case. (I love my Enermax Ostrog GT case lol)

Sunday Morning    177

So what you're showing me is proof the Cooler Master Nepton 240m will indeed fit into my case, right? If so, that saves me a whole ton of money to spend on a new case. (I love my Enermax Ostrog GT case lol)

i read the forum and found this :

The ASUS Maximus V Formula motherboard is considered an extended ATX, which means it is about ½†wider than a standard ATX. How much trouble can ½†cause? Well, we are about to find out. Where this will present a problem is usually where the SATA cables plug into the motherboard. If your SATA ports are perpendicular to the board surface, this will be no problem, but the ports on the Formula are on the side, which required the upper hard drive cage to be removed. I could have stuffed the cage in there, but it would push on the cables and put stress on the ports, which is always a bad idea. That half inch caused one more problem, well, inconvenience. There are two nice rectangular cable access slots on the right side of the motherboard tray. The 24 pin power cable fits nicely though either of the slots, but the extra overhang of the extended ATX partially covers those access holes. Fortunately, this is remedied by the removal of the upper hard drive cage, which leaves plenty of room for the 24 pin power cable. This is something to think about if you are considering an extended ATX board. With the top hard drive cage removed, installing the motherboard was easy.

While Enermax states that the case supports radiators up to 280mm, I couldn’t get the H100 to fit properly. There is indeed room for the radiator, but one of the fans (in a push configuration) interfered with the onboard mPCIe Combo card and the 4 pin and 8 pin power plugs at the top of the board. I had to offset one fan slightly to clear the power plugs. One of the smaller Corsair water cooling solutions would certainly be fine in this case as would any air cooling solution. The CPU power sockets (4 pin and 8 pin) are at the very top of my motherboard. I like to run as many cables behind the motherboard tray as I can to keep the clutter out of the action. Usually you can snake these additional cables behind the board and up to the top, but I decided to mount the PSU with the intake fan up (pulling from inside the case), which made the cables just a little short and stretched a little tighter than I like, so I ran them out in front, which adds to the visual clutter. 

After a build, I will usually change the cable routing a few times, experimenting with different routings, so I am sure in a few weeks I will make some adjustments.

hope this can help ...

Sunday Morning    177

Actually that doesn't really apply to the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 cause it's a standard ATX; not an extended ATX. It should fit with no problems, but thanks anyways.

you welcome ....