Vinicius Ferraz de Novais

Nepton 240M temperatures not what i expected?

So, i bought the Nepton 240M to replace my intel cooler since i've been looking for an AiO in quite a while now as people say it's so good compared to the stock cooler. So i just finished installing it, and for the record i did everything perfectly as instructed, also removed the old thermal compound and applied the one that comes with it. The fan configuration at the moment is pushing the wind through the radiator, although i have another pair of Silencio fans coming to me to make a push/pull configuration. My case the Aerocool DS Cube. I plugged the pump on the motherboard and set it to always keep full speed in the bios. Here is where it gets funny. I'm getting 42º degrees on idle and a whooping 97º degrees under 100% load, test conducted with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. This is pretty much what i used to get with the stock cooler. Now did i just spend that amount of money on something that wont change anything other than aesthetics? My pump is working fine, so it's not that. My CPU is an i5 4690. I've also heard that push/pull don't really change much, it's more of an aesthetics thing to me as well, so that shouldn't impact the cooler performance that much, what still leaves me with poor poor results. Any help is appreciated.

I installed mine yesterday.

I have an i7-2600 (Not overclocked) that I used to run with the standard air cooler.

It ran at 40-50C idle and 80+C when doing video conversion. It would never reach 100% CPU bc the heat protection would insert idle transactions to keep the temparature low.

With the 240m installed it runs idle at around 30C and maxed out at 50C during video conversion.

So the cooling works pretty good.

I have the fans on the outside, blowing outward.

Maybe your contact between the processor and the cooler isn't optimal. I found the positioning of the screws on the block that goes on the processor a bit fiddly, but if they are crooked you can't tighten the screws properly.

Tony Boyes    0

I have a similar setup but with lower temperatures. They are higher than I expected (I came from an AMD that idled at 29C and had a load temp of 45C and had always heard intels ran cooler)

My 4690K at stock clocks with a max voltage of 1.1V idles at around 36c and has a load temp of anything up to 60c. Annoyingly I was getting 32c idle with the stock intel cooler but the load was ~80c so thats a bonus. The Nepton is also far far quieter.

snapper69    1

I recently switched from a Corsair H110i GT to a Nepton 240M (the Corsair cooler wouldn't fit into my new case) and the Nepton actually keeps the cpu about 5 degrees cooler. My 3570K, o/c'd to 4.3, idles at 31 degrees and doesn't go above 60, ever. The pump is connected to the CPU header and the stock fans are connected to a Corsair Commander Mini and controlled by Link, as they were originally too loud.

Looks more like contact issue, try to relook into this first. 

Then follow by making sure you have cool air enter your casing(this is where I need to upgrade my current Elite 311 to 690III) and this also shall be push-pull configuration also. Minimum is 2 fans for this. 

There's no point if you have hot air going to your radiator. This is 1 of the concern for me to decide air cooled(change the fan when it fails) or water cooled(pump and fan fails)

BTW, I'm using Hyper101 on my AMD 8320, no OC, with CPU load at 100%, temperature measured are 47°C at the room with temperature of 26°C.