damirk

COOLER MASTER Storm Sirus 5.1 windows 10 problem

Can you be a little more specific in what type or error you get? Can you maybe send a print screen? 

error_cm.jpg

Only way to install the software is to set it to compatibility mode.  I did that, and got it to install under Win7 compatibility mode, but in some games, I constantly get random CTD.  This appears to be in line with audio driver issues, as I have experienced a very similar issue before.  Also, these crashes do not occur when using the headset via 3.5mm jacks, but I prefer to use the audio control puck.... 

Right now, my nice, expensive headset is sitting on my floor.  I am using a pair of android headphones with a headphone/mic splitter and it is sadly more trouble-free than my expensive headset.  The only audio card I have is my built-in motherboard audio, and it leaves alot to be desired....

Thanks,

Jason

Pclinde    197

error_cm.jpg

Only way to install the software is to set it to compatibility mode.  I did that, and got it to install under Win7 compatibility mode, but in some games, I constantly get random CTD.  This appears to be in line with audio driver issues, as I have experienced a very similar issue before.  Also, these crashes do not occur when using the headset via 3.5mm jacks, but I prefer to use the audio control puck.... 

Right now, my nice, expensive headset is sitting on my floor.  I am using a pair of android headphones with a headphone/mic splitter and it is sadly more trouble-free than my expensive headset.  The only audio card I have is my built-in motherboard audio, and it leaves alot to be desired....

Thanks,

Jason

Strange question; do you have an external USB hub? Please connect it onto the motherboard I/O (usb 2.0), and connect the Sirus onto the USB hub. 

Cheers,

Pim

Strange question; do you have an external USB hub? Please connect it onto the motherboard I/O (usb 2.0), and connect the Sirus onto the USB hub. 

Cheers,

Pim

Same error.  TBH, I was surprised to get some sound out of the headset... it was an unpowered hub, therefore able to draw a max of .5A from the single USB port...

tezzla    2

First off big THANK YOU to CM BRAM. You are a legend, thanks for compiling the options. Also thanks to all the others who first created those options!

GET IT WORKING WHEN MESSAGE DONT SUPPORT THIS PLATFORM POPS UP:

To Jason Fisher/Anyone else getting the error message "Dont support this platform", this is what i did:

I assume you started from the same position as me, ie:

a) you had already uninstalled Sirus from your PC, and

b ) you were now trying to reinstall it from the "AP for Windows 10.rar" package, ie: from that packages' setup.exe

I got exactly the same message. This is what got it working for me:

a) download the win8 package from Coolermaster

b ) install Sirus from the win8 package setup.exe

c) follow these instructions to update the driver by manually selecting the driver from the AP for Windows10.rar package (ie: go into the windows 10 package, inside there is a folder with SoftwareDriver\driver\CMUAC.inf)

1. Go to "Sound, video and game controllers"
2. Right click "Sirus Headset"
3. Select "Properties" 
4. Go to "Driver" tab 
5. Click "Update Driver"
6. Choose "Browse my computer..."
7. Choose "Let me pick from a list..."
8. Click "Have disk"
9. Browse to "SoftwareDriver\Driver" folder
10. Select "CMUAC.inf" and continue the update process.

(I took these instructions from: Alternative driver for Sirus 5.1 on Windows 10: http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/14755-sirus-51-alternative-driver-for-windows-10/  but used the "AP for Windows10.rar" package (obviously not the alternative driver from the above link))

Once i did that i restarted my PC and voila, CM Storm Sirus is working a treat, with the equilizer and surround sound and it sounds so much crisper and better

Anyways, hope this helps, it worked for me but obv YMMV

Cheers,

Terry

error_cm.jpg

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Everyone,

I have gathered/summarized a few availble options that you can try to fix the issue of the Sirus 5.1 on Windows 10. Incl. a

1. Sirus 5.1 Driver for Windows 10 (BETA): See attached file - "AP for Windows 10.rar" 

2. Alternative driver for Sirus 5.1 on Windows 10: http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/14755-sirus-51-alternative-driver-for-windows-10/

3. Alternative Driver provided by Teckno Carton: http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/13322-cooler-master-storm-sirus-51-windows-10-problem/page-4

4. Options/Settings tweaking by Hetsig: http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/14755-sirus-51-alternative-driver-for-windows-10/#entry125202

Regards,

Bram

Edited by tezzla
  • Upvote 2

CM Bram    37

First off big THANK YOU to CM BRAM. You are a legend, thanks for compiling the options.

Whoop whoop, you are welcome :D

First off big THANK YOU to CM BRAM. You are a legend, thanks for compiling the options. Also thanks to all the others who first created those options!

GET IT WORKING WHEN MESSAGE DONT SUPPORT THIS PLATFORM POPS UP:

To Jason Fisher/Anyone else getting the error message "Dont support this platform", this is what i did:

I assume you started from the same position as me, ie:

a) you had already uninstalled Sirus from your PC, and

b ) you were now trying to reinstall it from the "AP for Windows 10.rar" package, ie: from that packages' setup.exe

I got exactly the same message. This is what got it working for me:

a) download the win8 package from Coolermaster

b ) install Sirus from the win8 package setup.exe

c) follow these instructions to update the driver by manually selecting the driver from the AP for Windows10.rar package (ie: go into the windows 10 package, inside there is a folder with SoftwareDriver\driver\CMUAC.inf)

1. Go to "Sound, video and game controllers"
2. Right click "Sirus Headset"
3. Select "Properties" 
4. Go to "Driver" tab 
5. Click "Update Driver"
6. Choose "Browse my computer..."
7. Choose "Let me pick from a list..."
8. Click "Have disk"
9. Browse to "SoftwareDriver\Driver" folder
10. Select "CMUAC.inf" and continue the update process.

(I took these instructions from: Alternative driver for Sirus 5.1 on Windows 10: http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/14755-sirus-51-alternative-driver-for-windows-10/  but used the "AP for Windows10.rar" package (obviously not the alternative driver from the above link))

Once i did that i restarted my PC and voila, CM Storm Sirus is working a treat, with the equilizer and surround sound and it sounds so much crisper and better

Anyways, hope this helps, it worked for me but obv YMMV

Cheers,

Terry

Terry,

This indeed is working.  I'll continue running this and report back if there are some issues.  CM may be able to get away with re-bundling the 5.1 driver for 8.1 w/ the newer .inf file and drivers.

-Jason

Slipdrone    0

I just upgraded to win 10 and how I was disappointed when realized that there are no driver for Sirus,but thanks to you guys everything is working flawless,even better then on win 7