damirk

COOLER MASTER Storm Sirus 5.1 windows 10 problem

Maxime    2

I've heard (reviews) that Sirus "S" model is an inferior one. The desktop remote is worse, right?

I didn't test the "S" but yes i think the remote is not very convenient compare to the old one.

So i can't say if you should buy or not the sirus, some people have problems with windows 10 and others have no problem... Maybe you can buy it and if he doesn't work you return it to the seller. But i think 140€ is too expensive for this one even if it's a good product.

For this price you can found a second hand steelserie siberia V2 + mixamp (year 2013). With this setup you will have a very good spatial positioning and a product good for music and video games.

andykamezou    0

Previously I don't have much issue with my Sirus 5.1 on Windows 10.

But today when I installed Windows Update KB3124200, only Front Centre channel producing audio.

No sound at all on other channels.  :(

Update : Searching for C-MEDIA latest driver and found this C-MEDIA version 8.1.12.26 (13 Feb 2015)

http://www.winfuture-forum.de/index.php?showtopic=212333. It's a driver for Sades 7.1CH Gaming Headset.

Manually update my driver by selecting the .inf file and now all channel working again at Windows Speaker Setup. This makes the Storm Sirus control panel doesn't detect the headset. But I still can change the effects from Speaker Properties and it seems like there's much more settings to play with~ 

ARu5Aa0.jpg

------------------------------

Update 2 : Using the software provided in the package, I can use it just like the usual Sirus Storm software.

mevKJkJ.jpg

------------------------------

Obviously this headset need a driver update....

Baobab    0

Thanks andykamezou! Works fine, but I cant use the software, how can you install it? When I try to install it (from the setup.exe) say that I need the Sades 7.1CH Gaming Headset connected and then the setup close it self.

Jee    1

Sound is working somewhat fine, but the can't get the microphone to work... 

Changed nothing, worked 23 december but today 27 december is no longer working.

Need a new windows 10 driver for sure...

Not gonna recommend CM to anyone when you let me pretty expensive headset rot

andykamezou    0

Sound is working somewhat fine, but the can't get the microphone to work... 

Changed nothing, worked 23 december but today 27 december is no longer working.

Need a new windows 10 driver for sure...

Not gonna recommend CM to anyone when you let me pretty expensive headset rot

Check my post above for alternative driver. My microphone works just fine.

But yeah, driver support by CM seems to be not good. 

Too bad though because I like my Sirus 5.1. Next January it will be the 3rd year I'm using it. But with a weak driver support, I might avoid CM headset in the future. =/

Jee    1

Thanks, gonna try it out.

Yeah, i'd hate to let my Sirus 5.1 go, but with no updates for it I have to find another headset.