damirk

COOLER MASTER Storm Sirus 5.1 windows 10 problem

Maxime    2

Mmm i don't know, maybe an other person in this forum have tested the strix, but i think there is not a hudge difference between this two headset for the quality sound. The strix seems to have more funtionnalities (detachable microphone for example). But if you was satisfied with the sirus maybe it's not necessary to change.

dwilko    5

Personally I wouldn't even bother with windows 10 to much hassle with drivers both software and gaming - and the mass reportspec of boot failure , myself included with a fresh install on a new ssd no issues at all for weeks no new software installed no updates etc etc , one day no boot tried the built in recovery couldn't repair , system restore point which I created several couldn't repair it last ditch effort to factory restore came up with error couldn't complete install from a genuine windows 10 disk.

I then wiped the drive reinstalled working well for few days then packed up again

I won't even go into the privacy concerns over every single piece of software / games videos any file on the pc that can be checked for piracy , validation as a genuine bought product , if it is not genuine windows can and will detect and disable it you can view it see it but will never work , basically in a nutshell it's a very buggy OS with major privacy issues , the only way you'd be safe is to neve plug it in to the net and just use it as a standalone , back to windows 7 or 8 is what most pc users who either know what theor doing or have an inkling

sorry for the ramble but windows 10 Irate's me if everyone knew the implications of the OS even at the conference the issue was stated and they blatantly said it can do that and will .

I don't know what to do! My headset is on service, and i can chose between Storm Sirus 5.1 or Asus Strix DSP.

It all depend on your needs really.

The Asus Strix DSP is a 2.0 channel (simulated speakers surround). The CM Storm 5.1 (Real Surround speakers)

The Asus has a lot better support driver wise currently. The CM Storm had to depend on a lucky hunch I had while looking at the Setup.ini and felt like sharing.

As long as I have mine I will be supporting my CM Storm and to be honest, if it broke and I could not fix it myself hardware wise ( we most likely talk cable breaks here) I would buy it without harsitation.

For me, i just unistall the old software and checked everything was deleted.

After i opened the folder with the driver of Tekno Catron, plugged the headset and lauched the "setup.exe" file. When it was installed, at this moment functionalities of the headset didn't work. I closed the software, restart the computer, and relaunch the software, and after that everything worked fine (equalizer, flex bass, microphone effect, stereo, 5.1, emulation 7.1...)

I don't know if it will help you or someone else, but for me it works with this method  :)

Thanks for your input Maxime  :)

I did do that, plus I ran registry cleanup in Ccleaner and finished up by going through the registry manually to clean out references to the old (wrong) class guid and any references to the CM official drivers that were there. Then I installed the fixed drivers without any luck. 

Like I said earlier, this might be due to the fact that my PC (long) overdue for an overhaul. Problem with that is that I have a six month old baby in the house and no time to do a clean windows install properly  ;).

Therefore I sniffed up a workaround which is obviously not the ideal solution, but does give me the desired result of a fully working headset with a working equalizer for my PC. In case there are others out there with similar issues, I thought I'd share that workaround for their benefit.

all the best, 

-G

Maegirom    0

Greets. I've come here by chance looking for information about the CM sirus 5.1

I'm now a Roccat Kave solid 5.1 solid owner (the old model) and I want to upgrade since my roccat's sound has begun to crack. 

The thing is I'm between the new Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 digital and the Storm sirus 5.1, that still is for sale in Amazon (140€! ).

I'm mainly searching for a good spatial positioning, and I've read that the Sirus is by far the best at this, better than the Kave XTD one.

BUT, after reading this post and given that later or early I'll finally get windows 10 (Now I've win7 64) I have doubts.

What would you recommend me? Go for the Sirus despite of is an almost discontinued item, win 10 problems, etc. OR go for the Kave one, which is a more modern one (more reliable?) althought it seems is worse in terms of audio quality and spatial positioning?

Thanks.

Maxime    2

Greets. I've come here by chance looking for information about the CM sirus 5.1

I'm now a Roccat Kave solid 5.1 solid owner (the old model) and I want to upgrade since my roccat's sound has begun to crack. 

The thing is I'm between the new Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 digital and the Storm sirus 5.1, that still is for sale in Amazon (140€! ).

I'm mainly searching for a good spatial positioning, and I've read that the Sirus is by far the best at this, better than the Kave XTD one.

BUT, after reading this post and given that later or early I'll finally get windows 10 (Now I've win7 64) I have doubts.

What would you recommend me? Go for the Sirus despite of is an almost discontinued item, win 10 problems, etc. OR go for the Kave one, which is a more modern one (more reliable?) althought it seems is worse in terms of audio quality and spatial positioning?

Thanks.

Or if you want the cooler master you can buy the Sirus S 5.1, is the same as the Sirus 5.1 but is more recent.