damirk

COOLER MASTER Storm Sirus 5.1 windows 10 problem

MiniMaleN    0

First thing I tried, been building and repairing computers 20 years so I know most of the tricks. 

Works fine until the applet loads then the sound goes off. If you disable surround sound processing in sound driver it works but you're back to stereo again.

Same problem as when I went from 7 to 8

Alright, well hope it helps anyone else. Hope you find a solution! 

Rods    0

At the first day it's work to me like a charm, but today I can't listen anything... just putting in stereo mod without effects...
Please, create a driver for windows 10 ...

Anto Bogut    3

My drivers work but the bass dosnt work at all, i hook it up on a win 7 pc with driver for win 7 and they work prefectly, i contectend HQ and they said they are making windows 10 driver, i asked when win 10 was released

I assume they are doing nothing, they dont need 2 fricking months to make drivers

• Upvote 2

Anto Bogut    3

One of the guys from their HQ said that they wont make new drivers for CM Storm Sirus 5.1, they are douches, and lazy, wont help their comunity. We need to make a petition to make new drivers for windows 10

• Upvote 1

damirk    2

It would be nice to people from CM soon launch new driver for win 10. If you do not want to expand bad comments about the manufacturer.

• Upvote 1

Fulgore    3

Hi guys,

made special an account special for this issue and to help to sort this problem out to Coolermaster,

its an driver issue and nothing else, since windows 10 the most issues i had as an it hardware technician was graphics drivers and sounds issues, on bootcamp and apple bluetooth driver issues, mostly you can delete the hardware and use the microsoft drivers, but in the case gaming vga cards its not possible

now i have no issue to have sound or special surround effects in games like battlefield, assetto corsa ,etc... but the moment i try to use skype, the headset goes crazy, sometimes sounds work, sometimes not than you have to switch in sound setting to onboard and play music at same time switch back to headset to get the sound back,also the microphone works in the settinsgs, but not when you call someone

teamspeak same issue, micro dont work

tried different setups, as windows 8.1 drivers + software, 8.1 without software, win 7 driver without software, you cant install it the regulary way, gave an error not support, and a fix around is not the same as the correct software and drivers ! ---> this is the part that Coolermaster has to step in !!!!

i read further on this case win 10 + sirius + skype = a lot off problems with another driver onboard, the audio realtek one, as above i said the fix is the microsoft driver....

the only fix i found to let teamspeak and skype to work is the following = go to playback devices - select the sirius and go to properties, select stereo, do the wizard and tried it with skype, no issue at all

but in our case WE bought a true 5.1 gaming headset to enjoy our games trufully in sound and effects and to better in games that use the sound, now i play with friend thoose games and cant talk or i had to put the playback device back in stereo and can't use the 5.1

i really hope this will be fixed with a new driver , cause at this moment i had to get back to windows 7 as the moment im typing this down, and will follow this tread closely in the hope they fix OUR expensive headset

first timer i bought a coolermaster product but if this will not be fixed , cant say their will be a next time, support is everything today, and if you lack to this as an company .... well :)

regards 

Fulgore

• Upvote 2

Nvidia - on driver bug within 48 hours

Logitech - Windows 10 driver for my G13/G95/Gamepad on release day

Epson - printer driver on release day

Slysoft - software updated ahead of release day.

Coolermaster - der......

£100 headphone turned to the equivalent of a £20 set.

I have a computer shop and am part of a large Steam group.

Never, ever again will I recommend CM products after this.

I understand how older products have to be sacrificed to support new ones but my headphones are less than 3 years old and cost me half a weeks wages.

How hard can it be to produce an updated driver???

• Upvote 1

Maxime    2

Please make a driver, this is inadmissible to not make one for a 120€ headphone ! My headphone is now totally useless, no equalizer, practically no bass, nome function works correctly, and there is no solution for this...

Maxime    2

Bad news, i had an answer from the suport : "We are sorry to inform you that Cooler Master will not make a Windows 10 driver for the Sirus 5.1.

This because the headset is no longer in production and is therefore no longer supported. " This is a shame when i see the product is still on the website.

So i learned Cooler master it's just good to make cases and fans, i will never buy again one of their hardware... that's bad cause i was very satisfied with this brand and their products (i have 3 cases, a cpu fan and this headphone and i almost bought a mince, i'm glad i didn't do it).

• Upvote 1