damirk

COOLER MASTER Storm Sirus 5.1 windows 10 problem

Pclinde    197

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and I haven't experienced any problems so far. I will contact HQ for more information.

Cheers, Pim

Matz Wiik    1

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and I haven't experienced any problems so far. I will contact HQ for more information.

Cheers, Pim

Well i have the same problem aswell. I do in fact have sound with the W7 driver after uninstalling the program. 

The thing is, as soon as I install the headset program from ur websites, it's as the sound lags all the time. 

I do want to use my headset with the program do get the equalizer, the sound is not good without it.

• Upvote 1

ixtern    0

I had the same problem. After Windows 10 upgrade (from 8.1) equalizer and other effects didn't worked. Windows complained about problerm with effects. After uninstalling Sirus software (and restart) Windows installed it's own driver, without equalizer. Then I installed Sirus software and (after restart) everything is working OK, equalizer also.

damirk    2

Driver does not work on Windows 10 properly. There is no need for me to install and delete until it works properly. Let the effort and make the driver for windows 10

• Upvote 1

I am having the same problem with this as when I upgraded to windows 8.1.

Upgrade to Windows 10 and the tray app stops functioning. Uninstalling and reinstalling either the 7 or 8.1 driver fail and the tray app causes audio distortion.

Disable the tray app and the headphones work as USB stereo headset only.

As before the tray app (which controls the 5.1) is broken in Windows 10 making my £100 headphones sound like something I paid £10 for. Please update the app/driver

• Upvote 1

I am having the same problem with this as when I upgraded to windows 8.1.

Upgrade to Windows 10 and the tray app stops functioning. Uninstalling and reinstalling either the 7 or 8.1 driver fail and the tray app causes audio distortion.

Disable the tray app and the headphones work as USB stereo headset only.

As before the tray app (which controls the 5.1) is broken in Windows 10 making my £100 headphones sound like something I paid £10 for. Please update the app/driver

I was waiting for that one.

Thank you Finally...

• Upvote 1

MiniMaleN    0

This is how i got it working properly on Windows 10 with the Windows 8.1 Drivers. 

• Uninstall the CM Sirus application from "programs and features"
  • Reboot the computer if it asks you to
  • Download the latest 8.1 drivers. (http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/audio/sirus/)
  • Right click the "setup.exe" and click properties. 
  • Click compatibility, and tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and 
    choose in the scroll-list windows 8
  • After that click apply and OK. 
  • Then you can right-click the "setup.exe" once more and "run as administrator" and install.
  • Reboot the computer when it asks you to. 
  • Now the Equalizer should work, and the annoying error message should be gone. 

This worked like a charm for me, don't know if it will work for you, but it's worth a shot!

Hope it helps!

// Martin

First thing I tried, been building and repairing computers 20 years so I know most of the tricks. 

Works fine until the applet loads then the sound goes off. If you disable surround sound processing in sound driver it works but you're back to stereo again.

Same problem as when I went from 7 to 8