damirk

COOLER MASTER Storm Sirus 5.1 windows 10 problem

bruc    2

Hi there. Anyone tryed win 8.1 drivers on windows 10? It's weird that CM didn't make drivers for windows 10!

bruc    2

That's bad. I am still on Win7 and Storm Sirus is the only thing that is stopping me to update to win 10. Shame on you CM!!!

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share a workaround  - I haven't had any luck getting the 8/8.1 drivers to produce sound in any way, shape, or form.  However, I was coming directly from Win7 to Win10 and aside from the "disable effects error" that happens in a *not quite correct* install it was producing accurate sounding audio.  So following the Win8 drivers attempt I went ahead and tried a clean install with the Win7 drivers - you have to run it in admin mode + compatibility mode for Win7 to pass whatever checks for OS CoolerMaster put in place, but after that it seems to work just fine (also running the Storm Sirus.exe as an admin, but not with Win7 compatability).  Sorry for wall of text, TL;DR below.

TL;DR - In Win10 installing the Win7 driver in Win7 Compatibility + as Administrator then running as Administrator seems to yield working audio, whereas the Win8/8.1 drivers are soundless duds.

• Upvote 1

bruc    2

If I understand you correct, you installed Win 7 drivers using win7 compatibilty? Does Storm Sirus working correct?

• Upvote 1