Matthew Brown

Coolmaster Nepton 240m Fan Problems

Hi Guys,

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I was wanted to get a little advice. 

I have had my Nepton 240m for about 3 months now and I am very happy, however a couple of days ago one of the cpu fans started making a odd noise. On closer inspection I noticed that after about 2000 rpm one of them starts whirring and it becomes very loud. I have also noticed that one of the screws connecting into the radiator has lost its thread, now I know not to over tighten and when installing the cooler I tightened in a X shape ect so its wasn't me being rough with the screw. 

My question is, do you guys think it would be easier to get rid of the sound by just replacing them with some alternative ones e.g. Corsair SP120's or would that not work when connecting it to my motherboard.

Here are the specs of my PC if that helps.

CPU cooler - Nepton 240M

CPU - AMD 8350

GPU - G1 970

MOTHERBOARD - Asus Sabertoother 990FX

RAM - 16GB XMS3 

Any help would be a life saver as I am a video editor and cant really afford the time to send the cooler back for replacement and the noise when I am using intensive software gets unbearable. 

Thanks Alot peeps