KeiDnaval    0

Hello everyone,

i'm sorry if my english is in somewhat wrong ;)

I buy a Seidon 120v ver2 and at idle my temp a pretty high... http://i.imgur.com/hfEWJ4O.png

i did what mohd noh did for is setup : put the fan on system fan header and the pump on cpu fan header

My spec are :

Case : Zalman Z11 Hf1
CPU: Amd A10-7850k
Mobo : MSI A88X-g45
PSU: Cooler Master B700
GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7870 ( i know it can be bottleneck by the cpu but i wont change any of the cpu or gpu ;) )
RAM : 12Go 1333mhz ( kingston but just took it from an old acer pc, i will change it by real one, one day :P )

My old AirCooling ( Raijintek Pallas ) Gave almost exactly the same temp wich is quite strange for water cooling, even for an entry AIO

i hope you can help me to figure out what is the problem, thanks

Sunday Morning    177

Hi 

I found some review regarding the seidon 120v for you reference

i know what you mention is ver2 and below is seidon 120v only but atleast you can know what is going on

both cooler also same but the seidon 120v ver2 is more better than seidon 120v

so my suggestion try recheck you installation 

Temperature Benchmarks - AMD

7850K_STOCK.png

The Seidon 120V was very impressive for a budget liquid cooler here, keeping the 7850K at only 40 C at a full load. The Hyper 212 EVO was right behind it at just 41 C at load.  The stock cooler’s temps are not particularly impressive, as one might expect, but not bad – though the benefit of aftermarket cooling can clearly be seen here with the 13-14 degree decrease in temps with the Cooler Master offerings.

7850K_OC.png

With the overclocked workload the Seidon 120V again leads the 212 EVO by just 1 degree C, and both coolers saw temps rise by 10 C over stock clocks. Excellent considering that 1.4V was required to keep this 4.40GHz overclock stable. The stock AMD cooler managed to keep the overclocked APU from overheating, but at 65 C it was pushing a lot of warm air down against the power delivery and memory on the motherboard.

Les Howard    0

Is it clamped down properly? the bracket holes on these coolers can hook on to the stud thread ends so when you screw it down it feels tight and at the end of the threads but really the bracket its self is in the way so its not actually tight ontop of the CPU.

KeiDnaval    0

Is it clamped down properly? the bracket holes on these coolers can hook on to the stud thread ends so when you screw it down it feels tight and at the end of the threads but really the bracket its self is in the way so its not actually tight ontop of the CPU.

Yeah i had what you are saying about the stud, i figure this out when i first screw it, they are all tight ontop of the cpu, but still the same temps :/

Hi 

I found some review regarding the seidon 120v for you reference

i know what you mention is ver2 and below is seidon 120v only but atleast you can know what is going on

both cooler also same but the seidon 120v ver2 is more better than seidon 120v

so my suggestion try recheck you installation 

Temperature Benchmarks - AMD

7850K_STOCK.png

The Seidon 120V was very impressive for a budget liquid cooler here, keeping the 7850K at only 40 C at a full load. The Hyper 212 EVO was right behind it at just 41 C at load.  The stock cooler’s temps are not particularly impressive, as one might expect, but not bad – though the benefit of aftermarket cooling can clearly be seen here with the 13-14 degree decrease in temps with the Cooler Master offerings.

7850K_OC.png

With the overclocked workload the Seidon 120V again leads the 212 EVO by just 1 degree C, and both coolers saw temps rise by 10 C over stock clocks. Excellent considering that 1.4V was required to keep this 4.40GHz overclock stable. The stock AMD cooler managed to keep the overclocked APU from overheating, but at 65 C it was pushing a lot of warm air down against the power delivery and memory on the motherboard.

I never had these extremely low temp with the stock cooler, right now i'm rechecking the installation, everything is well screwed, i think the fan is in the right direction to blow the air out of the case, all the fan are spinning

Can it come from my cpu itself? 

Les Howard    0

Hello everyone,

i'm sorry if my english is in somewhat wrong ;)

I buy a Seidon 120v ver2 and at idle my temp a pretty high... http://i.imgur.com/hfEWJ4O.png

i did what mohd noh did for is setup : put the fan on system fan header and the pump on cpu fan header

My spec are :

Case : Zalman Z11 Hf1

CPU: Amd A10-7850k

Mobo : MSI A88X-g45

PSU: Cooler Master B700

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7870 ( i know it can be bottleneck by the cpu but i wont change any of the cpu or gpu ;) )

RAM : 12Go 1333mhz ( kingston but just took it from an old acer pc, i will change it by real one, one day :P )

My old AirCooling ( Raijintek Pallas ) Gave almost exactly the same temp wich is quite strange for water cooling, even for an entry AIO

i hope you can help me to figure out what is the problem, thanks

You have two different reading from the two apps, AMD-OD is reading 53.5c while HWMonitor is reading 66c Current - 53 min - 72 Max

You have two sensors, The "CPU Sensor" is on the Motherboard under the CPU, its the one the Motherboard will use to monitor its socket temperatures for its own safety, that one usually reads hotter as it can become a heat trap.

The "Package Sensor" is on the CPU die its self on the heat spreader side, its the one thats giving you the true CPU temperature.

I think a rule of thumb, (this is my own theory so could be utter rubbish) is that if under load the package temperature is not at least 5c lower than CPU temperature then the cooler is for whatever reason not effective as its not drawing the heat away from the heat spreader side of the CPU, the side of the sensor where the heat is drawn away should be cooler than the side where its not.

So in HWMonitor under load what are these two temperatures?

To give you another perspective on the effectiveness of this cooler i run an FX-9590, it has a 220 Watt TDP to your 95 Watt TDP.

At stock (4.7Ghz) with the 5Ghz Turbo off as its not stable and undervolted a little my temperatures are typically 65c Package and 70c CPU while running all 8 cores in HandBreak encoding, those are on the upper margins of whats acceptable long term for the CPU, although my overly conservative Asus Sabertooth Motherboard is a little vocal about its displeasure of it if i have AI Suite running.

I'm actually quite impressed with it, for what it cost, that is until the Pump seized.

One tip i might have for you, if you can have a fan blow front to back over the pump and VRMs toward the exhausts fan, it might bring the temps down a little, sometimes the Motherboards VRMs can transfer heat to the CPU. with conventional air coolers its fan usually does that job, AIO coolers of course don't have fans there

KeiDnaval    0

You have two different reading from the two apps, AMD-OD is reading 53.5c while HWMonitor is reading 66c Current - 53 min - 72 Max

What AMD OD is showing is thermal margin (sorry it's in french in the pic), so the temp are the same in both app

"One tip i might have for you, if you can have a fan blow front to back over the pump and VRMs toward the exhausts fan it might bring the temps down a little, sometimes the Motherboards VRMs can transfer heat to the CPU. with conventional air cooler its fan usually does that job, AIO coolers of course don't have fans there" 

I'll do that when i get a new fan, thanks for the tip

On load i get http://i.imgur.com/9puU3ig.png I took the screen after 5 min on load