BulletBlitz

Spacebar comes off stabilizers?

BulletBlitz    0

I just received my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i with Cherry MX Brown switches in the mail yesterday and I've been pretty happy with the keyboard overall, aside from one annoying flaw. When I'm typing quickly, which is almost always, I tend to just tap the side of the spacebar with my thumb. When doing so on this keyboard, after a while the opposite side seems to come loose from the stabilizer and pop up, forcing me to press it back down before I can continue to type.

Video

Any recommendations on what I should do to fix this? I'd prefer not to RMA it if at all possible.

CM Patrick    34

Hello Bulletblitz,

You should be able to press down on either corner of the spacebar w/out it popping off.

Have you tried removing the spacebar to see if anything is broke?

We can always ship you a replacement spacebar with the stabilizers.

CM Fanzone

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support

BulletBlitz    0

Hey Patrick, thanks for the reply :)

I have taken the bar completely off and nothing seems to be damaged or out of place. Perhaps the holes for the spacebar to connect to the stabilizers were cut slightly too wide, causing it to be looser than intended? I'm not sure what's causing this, but a replacement spacebar seems to be the way to go. How would I go about getting one, and how much would it cost me?

Thanks!

Burza_kr    0

Hi,

sorry to digging up this threat, but it seems that I have the same problem as the BulletBlitz. However, I have Rapid-I for 4-5 months and problem just showed up. Maybe nowadays someone have a solution? I totally don't know what to do, due to this locking spacebar issue I cannot use my favourite keyboard ( a-lot-typing-job ). Any ideas?

dady000    0

Hi,

sorry to digging up this threat, but it seems that I have the same problem as the BulletBlitz. However, I have Rapid-I for 4-5 months and problem just showed up. Maybe nowadays someone have a solution? I totally don't know what to do, due to this locking spacebar issue I cannot use my favourite keyboard ( a-lot-typing-job ). Any ideas?

I had same problem so I put a bit of cotton on the stabilizer "fake" switch so there is more material it can scratch to.

Edited by dady000

CM Bram    37

It can be a micro fracture in the spacebar keycap's stabilizers. I suggest indede to contact the support departments for this :)