David Reid

RMA Replacement Delay - Crappy (never buy from cooler master)

David Reid    0

Just a quick note....My 720 watt power supply began to fail a couple months ago.  After replacing other components, I isolated the power supply as the problem, and promptly filed an RMA request, which was approved 3 days later, and returned the failed power supply, under warranty, to CoolerMaster.  1 Week in transit to california, a second week (after it arrived at their location), for them to receive it into their system.  Now, it is quickly approaching 2 weeks waiting for the replacement to be shipped.  Of course, if it was sent today, it would be another week before i received it.  Of course, the whole time, i have been without a computer.  Finally, I went to BestBuy and bought a corsair 750w for 79.99, just to get running again.

I can tell you, with great certainty, I will never buy from cooler master again...never.  I can understand a product failing, it happens.  But a month waiting for a replacement is over the top.

Exactly UK you have to pay your own postage as well then they steal you cooler and don't reply to any email's/forum messages and the support page don't work, Now I can logon with another account but my warranty for my cooler isn't on there and won't let me add to more than 1 account, Cooler Master are not a very good company anymore.  

CM Patrick    34

Hello David,

I apologize, our warehouse has been experiencing shipping delays which is why we have the Attention Notice posted on the home page of CM Fanzone.

You sent us a Silent Pro M2 720 which we received on 7/7 and your replacement shipped out on 7/15.

We also upgraded you to a V750 since we did not have any stock of the Silent Pro M2 720.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support

CM Patrick    34

Exactly UK you have to pay your own postage as well then they steal you cooler and don't reply to any email's/forum messages and the support page don't work, Now I can logon with another account but my warranty for my cooler isn't on there and won't let me add to more than 1 account, Cooler Master are not a very good company anymore.  

Hello David,

I forwarded your thread to the EU Customer Support Team. They will be on here shortly to provide assistance.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

ajfaull    1

I'm sorry, but I really have to comment. Two+ weeks of that is due to shipping. You can't really blame Cooler Master for the speed of UPS or FedEx Ground. Did you talk to them about paying for a cross ship? I know that some companies if I notified them ahead of time, would ship out a replacement the same way I shipped it to them. i.e. If I called and told them I was shipping the item back UPS Red (Overnight 10AM delivery), They would ship my replacement back to me UPS Red. Although that would be expensive for a power supply, UPS Blue, or Brown 3 day wouldn't be nearly as bad and would have been significantly faster.

speed is available, it just normally depends on how much you want to spend to get it. When I had my company, I used to carry a couple of top end business & redundant server power supplies in stock. RMA for both of them were about the same one month time frame. I had other companies that even two months would happen. And I was a VAR selling their product to end users, so I had the direct numbers, and could send things creating my own RMA number on their systems.