ajfaull

OK I have learned my Lesson

ajfaull    1

To Coolermaster, All Employees, Designers, & Sales.

I have learned my lesson.

I usually bought the cheap cases early on in my building carrier and just cycled through them.  Then I started getting concerned about case temperatures, noise, expandability, and I started looking for quality cases. I looked and Lian Li, but they were very expensive (especially at the time), Thermaltake had some interesting cases, and then they started designing for 12 year old kids that still drew machine guns on cars.

So I ordered my first Coolermaster.  I don't even remember which one it was, I didn't really even have a chance to build it. (it was one of the old full tower, kind of based off the old Chieftec design, that everyone had). My boss at the computer store saw mine and bought it for his project. And a month later we were carrying a couple of different Coolermasters from one of our suppliers.

So I ordered a Stacker 810, and loved it so much that when I built my server, the 810 became the server case. and a Stacker 831 black became my desktop case, and I had it for years and loved it all the more at the end as I did it's beginning. and a cavalier for my home theatre PC. I had a very good friend that was doing his first build and wanted the 831 case, and I couldn't say no to him. So I pulled my components and gave him the case.

I had gotten a Bitfenix Colossus in to review. and although it was a little "Flashy and gimmicky" it wasn't over the top, and it supported USB 3. and seemed a decent build quality. So I ordered a new Coolermaster 1000 Power supply, and CPU Cooler and put it in the Bitfenix. And the case and its idiosyncrasies (as they all do). But I have been trying for two years to get a windowed panel, the front hinges now are broken, and the USB ports are selective on the devices that they work with. Which I could all live with if I could talk to support and get these items cleared up on their flagship case. 

So now I find myself side lined by a back injury and saving up a new case. I don't know what it will be yet, except I know it will be a Coolermaster. Thanks for letting me vent, and for telling you about the quality and the enjoyment that I have always found with your cases.

Respectfully,

Andrew J. Faull  

Pclinde    197

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for this awesome story and piece of history! Kind words. :)

'So now I find myself sidelined by a back injury and saving up a new case. I don't know what it will be yet, except I know it will be a Coolermaster. Thanks for letting me vent, and for telling you about the quality and the enjoyment that I have always found with your cases.'

• The new Cooler Master MasterCase will be out soon:

The extra features and parts might be a very interesting choice for you!

Thanks again, we really appreciate this.

Cheers, Pim

ajfaull    1

Looks like a beautiful case. But as it stands I'd need one more 5.25" bay, I have three devices now.  And unless it is price friendly enough for me to mod and add a bay on top... 

Pclinde    197

Looks like a beautiful case. But as it stands I'd need one more 5.25" bay, I have three devices now.  And unless it is price friendly enough for me to mod and add a bay on top... 

You're able to modify the MasterCase for your needs. :) This is our new concept 'Make It Yours'. :D 

ajfaull    1

I will consider it. Any new upgrades will probably need to wait until I save up some. 

Pclinde    197

I will consider it. Any new upgrades will probably need to wait until I save up some. 

Same here. :P Saving up for a new GPU. :D

Pclinde    197

Any idea when it will be out . If it takes a long time I think I will stick to ordering COSMOS 2.

It's out now. :) Should be available.

Jermaine Ho    0

On the topic of Mastercase Pro 5 and 5.25" drive bays, I have a Pro and a BitFenix Recon fan controller. However, I have no means of mounting/screwing the controller securely in the bay. Right now it is just resting on my ODD but it isn't flush with the case like the ODD is. This is currently how it looks, you can see a little of the ODD's silver colour beneath.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r76jbzizsk4oic9/P_20150831_010727.jpg

Anyone care to please help me out?

Mohd Noh    179

Hi,

i also have issue like you...try ask the bitfenix regarding this issue.

the main problem is the controller.. to short ..and hard to screw ..

i hv scout 2 and really hard to make it fit ..the controller

what im doing is ..using cable tie... To make it secure.