Konstantin S

V10 CPU Cooler Fan Replacement

Hi guys. I am trying to get some info. I have v10 cooler and I have to replace a fan because it's .....well I am not sure how is it still rotating. It's loud as a damn truck. Clicking and cracking and just making all kind of a noises. I contacted support for part replacement meanwhile I Want to know if there are some aftermarket fans that may be better than are compatible with V10. Also instructions on how to disassemble plastic cover of V10 so I can get access to V10 internal FAN. If possible let me know what do I do about replacement and how to do it.

Thank you so much !

CM Patrick    34

Hello Konstantin,

The V10 uses normal 120mm x 120mm x 25mm fans so most 120mm fans can be used as a replacement.

I would suggest looking at our Sickleflow 120mm.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

• Upvote 1

Hello Konstantin,

The V10 uses normal 120mm x 120mm x 25mm fans so most 120mm fans can be used as a replacement.

I would suggest looking at our Sickleflow 120mm.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Thank you buddy ! Will do. I disassembled old one and OH BOY, this is first time in about 5 years I did that I mean I clean case all the time but what I saw inside was not-describable. Like a pound of dust so thick it became a tar like substance. Anyhow I realized there are 2 fans. One over RAM another one for actual CPU cooling and only 1 is making noise. I mean not really both do , but only one was really REALLY loud. So for now all I did is took other one out and re positioned it so it cools CPU instead of RAM. So now it's manageable noise levels. Still ordering 2 new fans cause I forgot what silent computing is. Once again thanks !

P.S.

While I am doing all this I wonder if I should remove whole thing and reapply thermo after so many years it may lost some of it properties.

CM Patrick    34

Hello konstantin S,

I believe you will have to remove the V10 from the motherboard in order to install the replacement fan. If you have extra thermal paste around, the i would suggest replacing it at the same time.

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support