Sign in to follow this  
Clinton Wannton

Neptune 240m won't POST.

I recently installed a nepton 240m onto a P8Z68-V PRO and my system did not POST. Lights come on and fans spin up. It shuts down after 3 seconds, spins up, again after a further 5 seconds and then sits doing nothing, lights on and fans spinning. No VGA signal is picked up by monitor.

I replaced the old air cooler and all was fine again. Leaving the air cooler in place I plugged in the 240m and it spun up and booted fine again. I removed the air cooler and held the 240m in place. Again all booted fine. I installed fully with bracket and the original problem persisted. No POST and no VGA signal recieved.

I am at a loss as to what could be wrong. Any help / support greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this sounds silly but is the bracket causing a short on the motherboard possibly?

Thanks in advance.

ledgend69    0

perhaps the 240m is not sitting right on the cpu causeing the lock bar thing to move?

so it works fine when its just plugged in the the pump and fan pwm connector but when you attach it to the cpu the problem happens?

Pclinde    197

Hi Ledgend,

Do not tighten the screws too much. Can you try this? 

Cheers, Pim