Sign in to follow this  
tva

2 Questions: Hyper 48 Installation and Effectiveness

tva    0

Hi this is my first post here. After reading some of the existing topics here I found it necessary to join this forum and start a new topic because I couldn't find any answers to the questions I have.

It's about the following:

I bought the Hyper 48 CPU Cooler a while ago after I had read some reviews about it. I was quite impressed by the size of it. The Hyper is for a new system I'm building.

A few days ago I got my black Stacker. I started installing the motherboard yesterday. The installation was easy and didn't really raise any questions.

At this point I don't have the processor yet, so I tried the Hyper 48 without the processor in its place. I replaced the default retention bracket and backplate of the Gigabyte KNF-9 without any trouble. But when I put the Hyper 48 in the retention bracket I couldnt see how I could securely attach it with those two spring clips. The only place they could be attached to, are the two lower sides of the Hyper48. When I put the clips the ends of those clips go in to the holes of an extended part of the retention bracket but they're not securely attached at all. The manual is really minimal and doesn't give any explanation about it. So the first question is, how to attach it.

The second question is a short one. The processor I have ordered is the AMD Athlon 64 FX55. Will the Hyper48 be enough to cool this pretty baby?

VoongKoong    0

Hyper 6 is the cooler choice, but the Hyper 48 will do an awesome job too. Just make sure you apply that Arctic Silver 5 :wink: .

Garfield    0

In my system, ASUS A8V-E Deluxe with AMD Athlon 64 FX55, I also used Hyper 48 and always under 44 degrees Centigrade.

That's not bad for me, and special was it's low noise !! Maybe you can let's us know how it work in your system !! :D

Ron    1

Could you send me some pictures of your MOBO?

tva    0

As soon as I have my processor I'll post what I'll get.

Could you send me some pictures of your MOBO?

Sent you an email with pictures of the mobo and the Hyper 48.

[EDIT]Read the rules about posting in other languages and do not suggest other company's products in the Cooler Master products section

Hybrid-Mods    0

I don't think you should list thermaltake products on the CM forum.. makes some people rather un happy.

Hey I Like CM More Abslutly but if a MUFO TT Dus his job better wll Sry ilgo for TT

but i have read Some good things about CM Hyper 48 it gets the Temps

From Load 44 to Idle 32 in just 14 Sec

the Stock HSF dus it withing 27Sec

so that super fast

but i gona Controll it with the Musketeer 1

so i need to replace the fan

its a panaflo 39,5 CFM aganst 32Dba aint so bast

but thats an 80x80 MM fsn

wonder how the 92x92 acts

Mr. Miyagi    2

Please read the rules and do not post other company's products in the Cooler Master Product section.

tva    0

so what about my question about attaching the hyper48? :)