Pete Stavrakoglou

New to Liquid Cooling, some advice with the Silencio 652S

I'm preparing a new build and have bought a Silencio 652S case and the Seidon 240M liquid cooling unit.  

I will mount the radiator at the top of the case and I have two questions:

1)  With the radiator mounted at the very top of the 652S and the fans mounted under the radiator inside the case, thereby pulling air from the radiator, must I keep the top plastic cover off the case in order to expose the vents or can I keep the cover on?  I'm pretty sure the answer is to keep the cover off but I want to verify this.

2) If the top front cover is left off, is it preferable to push the air through the radiator to the outside of the case?

knud    124

1) You need take off the cover.

2) There is no 1 answer here. Some ppl prefer cold air intake, other prefer hot air exhaust (plus keeps dust outside).

CM Patrick    34

Hello Pete,

I personally the fans on my water cooling setup in the exhaust position so that the hot air is pushed out the top of the case.

As Knud said, its merely preference so its up to you.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

I appreciate you guys for the responses.  I've got everything setup and running.  The liquid cooler runs very quiet, as well as the fans in the case.  I do like the Silencio case a lot - it was very easy to work with and the construction is solid.  The only complaint is that there could be more room behind the motherboard to route cables but that's the only complaint.  I did manage to route everything and with a little pressure on the side panel when sliding it on, all is well.  Thanks again.

Pclinde    197

I appreciate you guys for the responses.  I've got everything setup and running.  The liquid cooler runs very quiet, as well as the fans in the case.  I do like the Silencio case a lot - it was very easy to work with and the construction is solid.  The only complaint is that there could be more room behind the motherboard to route cables but that's the only complaint.  I did manage to route everything and with a little pressure on the side panel when sliding it on, all is well.  Thanks again.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to see satisfied customers, thanks! :)

Cheers, Pim

Pieter    0
Posted (edited)

I am new to the Silencio 652s and would like to install my CM masterliquid 240 radiator in the front. 

Has anybody done this? 

The manual shows a bracket that was not included with my case.

Edited by Pieter
Typo