Christian

Cm Strom Sirus 5.1 - Can't install the firmware

Christian    0

Hello guys, i hope you can help me with this. So i just bought the headset a few weeks back, and it works fine with the jack cables, but i really want to use the pad. When i connect it i can use the buttons to turn up and down etc, but i can't install the firmware and my pc won't see it as a headset. It says there's something wrong with the USB and wont regonize it. Here's some pictures and i will translate under them because im danish. 

post-99296-0-65941000-1432671127_thumb.png

Unknown USB-Device (at the error as you can see)

post-99296-0-30126500-1432671142_thumb.png

Insert the unit as i told before, but both USB's are plugged in. So i really hope you guys will help me fix this issue.

- Chris

Pclinde    197

Hi Cris,

Can you try various USB ports as connection? This might fix the problem (worked for 2 other members). Try both USB 2.0 and 3.0.

Cheers, Pim

Christian    0

I've tried litterally any combo of my USB ports and it dosent work. Tried with only USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.. Even went desperate and tried a combo xD.

But i still cannot manage it to work.

Fulgore    3

hi,

what i can see is on the picture : 21 usb port hub?? 

seems a very strange number, try indeed other usb ports and be sure its usb 2.0, usb 3.0 as power bug issues

Pclinde    197

I've tried litterally any combo of my USB ports and it dosent work. Tried with only USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.. Even went desperate and tried a combo xD.

But i still cannot manage it to work.

Please update your mainboard drivers (BIOS) and USB drivers.

hi,

what i can see is on the picture : 21 usb port hub?? 

seems a very strange number, try indeed other usb ports and be sure its usb 2.0, usb 3.0 as power bug issues

Device Manager.

Fulgore    3

smaal update, after my reinstall off windows 7 still had the issue, strange before the upgrade everything worked

well at the end , it my was my stupid keyboard logitech G15 that drained all the power and caused conflict with the headset...it has an usb hub build in, well will never buy something like that again....

changed the keyboard to other usb port and hopla the headset worked directley...

regards

Pclinde    197

smaal update, after my reinstall off windows 7 still had the issue, strange before the upgrade everything worked

well at the end , it my was my stupid keyboard logitech G15 that drained all the power and caused conflict with the headset...it has an usb hub build in, well will never buy something like that again....

changed the keyboard to other usb port and hopla the headset worked directley...

regards

Great to hear that dude! :D 

AndrewTS    0

Hi All, 

I recently got this headset and tested it on two PCs(Laptop Inspiron 15 7537, Older desktop Q9550) and I had the same error.USB device not recognized etc. and the drivers would not install at all. I did try the usual stuff, updated chipset drivers, BIOS is the latest version already etc etc.

Took it back to the distributor, they tested it on their test machine, and the same issue occurred so they swapped it out for me. Get home, test on my laptop and desktop and guess what the replacement had the exact issue. *Sigh*

I happened to try it on a USB hub I had nearby, as I thought perhaps it might require more power than the laptop USB could provide(Comment by Fulgore above). Surprise surprise now it works. I can plug the USB hub(with the headset plugged in) in any of my ports on my laptop or desktop and it works every time, hardware is picked up and the sound works.

I tried it on a powered USB hub as well as a non powered hub, and it works off both with no issues. So it wasn't a power issue I don't think.

I also have a G15, but with the hub I can plug into the same ports I had tried earlier for the headset and the headset and G15 continue to work. But perhaps an idea to pop my G15 on the powered USB hub since it seems to be power hungry (Never been able to use the additional USB ports on the keyboard - Power warnings pop up).

Not sure why the headset USB sound adapter will only work of an external USB hub,  but thought I'd share it, hopefully it helps someone.

Cheers

Andrew