Jason Guinan

HAF X Top Fan Vibration

I've had the HAF X since 2010 and never used the top 200 mm fan because it vibrates loudly, but only during games. I've pressed up on the fan and it moves up quite a bit. Not the frame, but the fan core itself. I don't know if this is normal or if that is the problem.

I'm willing to try rubber pads or silicon mounts, but wanted to know if that upward movement would be cause for a replacement fan instead.

Pclinde    197

Hi Jason,

It might be a smart idea to remove the fan and reinstall it. I would recommend you to use spacers or rubber pads.

Cheers, Pim

Sorry Jason, no message? :)

Woops, yeah don't know what happened. I bought some rubber mounting screws (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Q5GI2U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but turns out the screw holes at the top of the case are too small for these to fit through. There are larger holes, but they don't line up with the fan. Any ideas, other than leave the fan disconnected? Just seems like a waste of a fan. Couldn't find any rubber gaskets big enough for a 200mm fan either. Thanks for the help.

Pclinde    197

Woops, yeah don't know what happened. I bought some rubber mounting screws (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Q5GI2U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but turns out the screw holes at the top of the case are too small for these to fit through. There are larger holes, but they don't line up with the fan. Any ideas, other than leave the fan disconnected? Just seems like a waste of a fan. Couldn't find any rubber gaskets big enough for a 200mm fan either. Thanks for the help.

Maybe you can make them smaller? I did this once when I had a HAF 932. Use a scissor to cut the rubber. :)

Maybe you can make them smaller? I did this once when I had a HAF 932. Use a scissor to cut the rubber. :)

No, that makes too much sense. I was thinking of more complex measures. Like drilling larger holes into the case...

Pclinde    197

No, that makes too much sense. I was thinking of more complex measures. Like drilling larger holes into the case...

That's also possible. I meet a lot of users daily, so I'm not always aware of what they're capable of. Good luck with drilling!

That's also possible. I meet a lot of users daily, so I'm not always aware of what they're capable of. Good luck with drilling!

Tried trimming one with scissors, broke in half. Hole is just too small. I'll try the drilling method.

Pclinde    197

Tried trimming one with scissors, broke in half. Hole is just too small. I'll try the drilling method.

Alright dude! Good luck. :)