drgoku

Seidon 120v safe pump speed

drgoku    1

I want my build to be silent and am willing to sacrifice 2 or 3 degree temperature difference at load. I use a noctua p12 in push configuration. For my case and room setting I found 1600 pump rpm to be inaudible and I would very much like to keep it at that. Will this rpm damage my cooler or shorten it's life span?

• Upvote 1

drgoku    1

Sorry if it is not clear. I am asking about the pump speed only. My noctua is controlled by the cpu fan header and is dead silent already.

Pclinde    197

Hi drgoku,

I believe the Seidon 120V has a 3-pin connector. I would not recommend you to adjust the pump speed. The factory defaults are the best conditions for the Seidon V120. Lowering the speed might cause air bubbles, or it might even prevent the pump from properly spinning.

Cheers, Pim

drgoku    1

Thanks guys. Is the pump at 2300 rpm normally audible? There is a distinct and unmistakable whining like a small fan revving. I have had a h80i in my other pc for 6 months with pump speed of 2150rpm I have never heard this sound. Is my 120v unit spoilt?

Sunday Morning    177

try check you bios ... my seidon 120v i leave my bios in default way if i set to speed .. i also heard nuclear boom sound from in there :)

drgoku    1

If I set my bios to default my motherboard will reduce the pump speed. The pump is connected to a chassis fan header. I can configure to increase pump speed under load but then cm is asking us to run the pump only at full speed at all times. Some people in other forums claimed to have found success by letting the motherboard control. Obviously their motherboards are reducing pump speed which is not what cm recommends.

Pclinde    197

If I set my bios to default my motherboard will reduce the pump speed. The pump is connected to a chassis fan header. I can configure to increase pump speed under load but then cm is asking us to run the pump only at full speed at all times. Some people in other forums claimed to have found success by letting the motherboard control. Obviously their motherboards are reducing pump speed which is not what cm recommends.

Indeed. We do not recommend it. It's your choice if you want to run it full speed or controlled by the motherboard.

Sunday Morning    177

if kinda like that its up to you .. i just share what i have

fyi my RPM at 1600++ -1800++

idle 26c load 40c

drgoku    1

Thanks guys. I will decide on the rpm after closing the case and employing some dampening methods. Will keep it as high as possible. 120v is nevertheless pretty good value.