Zack Ohren

Pump on my Seidon 240M died, what should I do?

Zack Ohren    0

I have a Seidon 240M in a computer built for me by studiocat.com  . Today in the middle of a recording session the pump died and the cpu temp shot up to 100 degrees celcius causing the computer to go nuts and subsequently blue screen/die. I managed to trouble shoot and figure out that even thought he light is going on the pump has died after about 18 months of use. I'm confident through RMA either through studiocat.com or Cooler Master I'll get this resolved long term, but I've literally got a session tomorrow morning. So this is more of a question of, what can I do RIGHT NOW to be able to work tomorrow. 

-Should I rip the whole unit out, turn off the overclocking in bios and install a standard cooler I have lying around?(some low end stock cooler)? 

-Is it insane to just underclock the computer severely? I really only need like 1/4 the power it gives me for what i'm doing tomorrow. 

-Maybe my best option is to just get to a store and buy another immediately, but am I correct in thinking if I found somewhere locally that was carrying a Seidon 240M I could reinstall much easier since I wouldn't have to add in any mounting bracets but just replace the pump unit itself? 

Kind of devastated and lost at the moment so anything is helpful. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that the pump is just plain dead. I've tried just about everything to get it working again(different power sockets/bios settings/etc) but I think the fact it died mid session after working fine for 18 months is a good sign that it's just died on me. 

Pclinde    197

Hi Zack,

The pump is probably broken as you described. I would recommend you to install the stock cooler for tomorrow. I would recommend you to request RMA for the faulty unit.

1. Log-in here: https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx
  2. Add a new product
  3. Request RMA

Cheers, Pim

CM Patrick    34

Hi Zack,

The pump is probably broken as you described. I would recommend you to install the stock cooler for tomorrow. I would recommend you to request RMA for the faulty unit.

1. Log-in here: https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx
  2. Add a new product
  3. Request RMA

Cheers, Pim

4. RMA Instructions thumbsup.gif

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

CM Patrick    34

I have a Seidon 240M in a computer built for me by studiocat.com  . Today in the middle of a recording session the pump died and the cpu temp shot up to 100 degrees celcius causing the computer to go nuts and subsequently blue screen/die. I managed to trouble shoot and figure out that even thought he light is going on the pump has died after about 18 months of use. I'm confident through RMA either through studiocat.com or Cooler Master I'll get this resolved long term, but I've literally got a session tomorrow morning. So this is more of a question of, what can I do RIGHT NOW to be able to work tomorrow. 

-Should I rip the whole unit out, turn off the overclocking in bios and install a standard cooler I have lying around?(some low end stock cooler)? 

-Is it insane to just underclock the computer severely? I really only need like 1/4 the power it gives me for what i'm doing tomorrow. 

-Maybe my best option is to just get to a store and buy another immediately, but am I correct in thinking if I found somewhere locally that was carrying a Seidon 240M I could reinstall much easier since I wouldn't have to add in any mounting bracets but just replace the pump unit itself? 

Kind of devastated and lost at the moment so anything is helpful. One thing I'm pretty sure of is that the pump is just plain dead. I've tried just about everything to get it working again(different power sockets/bios settings/etc) but I think the fact it died mid session after working fine for 18 months is a good sign that it's just died on me. 

Hello Zach,

If the pump is not functioning then yes, you should remove the cooler and install the stock cooler for now.  You will most likely need to set the CPU clocks back to default as the stock cooler may not be able to handle your OC.

Please follow the steps posted by Pim so that we can get you a replacement.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support