Sign in to follow this  
Tinium

Stacker dual power supply connect cable - wrong connectors

MeanieMan    0
Well i got an answer from HQ and yes they're in the process of making the 24pins Y cable.

Any chance we could get a date or price?

CoolerMaster isn't the only company with dual psu cases, but they are the only company I've found thats "in the process" of making the 24 pin Y-cable.

They are afraid of not selling 100 of these cables? Tell them to get ahold of http://www.mountainmods.com :wink:

Soong    0

Thanks bigbadbns, it sounds as though all we have to do is wait a little while and Coolermaster will deliver the goods.

I appreciate that the market for this might initially be quite small, however since 24-pin is the new standard, the number of people requiring this connector is likely to increase, while the demand for the 20-pin version is likely to decrease. Pretty soon the Stacker will ship with 24-pin as standard.

As a case supplier (amongst other things), I'm sure you appreciate that many people buy a new case to put new hardware in, as well as rehousing old kit.

As for the cost, what does the 20-pin cable cost? And please don't feel that you have to pay us royalties for suggesting the idea :-)

actually the new stacker will have the 24pins connector after we finish making them. There will also be sold as accessories for users who bought the previous stacker in the past.

Osiris    0
Why can't CM think of all this stuff before they actually release the product :x ?

There only human VoongKoong,some times you adjust as you go :wink:

Mr. Miyagi    2
Why can't CM think of all this stuff before they actually release the product :x ?

Because when the Stacker was released, 24 pin PSUs weren't used that much. Read what Bryant said.

MonsterZero    0

Because when the Stacker was released, 24 pin PSUs weren't used that much. Read what Bryant said.

Neither was BTX yet they made this case for BTX, which is all 24-pin. Wish they'd just own up to it.

Mr. Miyagi    2
Neither was BTX yet they made this case for BTX, which is all 24-pin. Wish they'd just own up to it.

Again, at the time it was released, 24 pin was not big, and it would cost a lot to produce those conveters for every Stacker case when most people would not even use it. That's why they're going to sell it as an accessory. By the way, BTX will crash and burn...