Sign in to follow this  
Tinium

Stacker dual power supply connect cable - wrong connectors

Tinium    0

Hi,

I've just started to build my stacker, with an Asus nForce4 SLI motherboard, and two CM Real 450 power supplies. However, the dual power supply lead (that connects the two power supplies together) has the wrong connectors. Is there another connector that I can get that will do the job?

Lead: 20pin

Powersupplies / MBoard: 24 pin.

Don't fancy having to chop the leads on the brand new power supplies by hand.. yet.

Cheers,

Tinium.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

there is a new 24pin one comming out, currently most power supplies have a 20pin header its only the prescott and amd pci express board which use 24pin. you could however use lots of converters.

Tinium    0

Cool, any idea as to when? I've got two 6800's on back order, so no real hurray at the moment... will hold off cutting my power supply leads :)

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

simple, use the suppplied 24pin-20pin converter, on both connectors tehn geta 20pin to 24pin converter and that should work

Soong    0

I've also had no luck finding an adaptor to run two 24-pin power supplies to a 24-pin motherboard.

Assuming for a moment that we want an elegant solution, rather than 2x24-20 pin adaptors followed by a 20-24 pin adaptor, can anyone post a link to the required cable?

I've also contacted Coolermaster support, and have had no response.

The Stacker is a great case - all I need is one tiny cable and it'll be perfect.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

as far as i know there isnt one, you'll just have to wiat, or use one pwoer supply or hte less elegant solution for now

MonsterZero    0
I've also had no luck finding an adaptor to run two 24-pin power supplies to a 24-pin motherboard.

Assuming for a moment that we want an elegant solution, rather than 2x24-20 pin adaptors followed by a 20-24 pin adaptor, can anyone post a link to the required cable?

I've also contacted Coolermaster support, and have had no response.

The Stacker is a great case - all I need is one tiny cable and it'll be perfect.

I ran into the same issue, I've searched everywhere, nobody makes a cable for what we need. I also recieved no offical reply from Coolermaster, one person on the boards here said that they were working on one. Working on the black side window for our case too! :lol:

Good luck... Coolermaster lost a lot of respect from me for not handling these simple issues.