Sign in to follow this  
Jamesy

Aquagate fluid in the UK

Jamesy    0

Hi folks,

I accidently spilt half the bottle of fluid when installing and have just topped the reservoir up with the last dregs (after it started complaining). Does anyone know where I can get another bottle of fluid here in the UK? I'm concerned that, should it start complaining again, I'll be totally stuck.

txs

Johan    0

You can use any fluid ment for computer cooling. All makers of water cooling systems will tell you that you MUST buy their water or your system will die.

However, that is just a sales trick.

Or, mix your own stuff... I do that and I have unlimited amout of fluid to use... My system is still up and running without any side effects, damage etc...

Ron    1

Thats not fully true...

When you mix the fluid it is no longer a resistance.

Also the performance can drop.

But ofcause you dont need to use CM fluid (altough its the best :wink:)

Johan    0

You see Ron... The thing is that most resellers are very keen on selling products. Be it CM, TT, Danger Den and so on...

And trust me, if I would have a CM watercooling set up I would also prefer to have original CM cooling water in my system since then I would know it is 100% correct fluid. And if something is wrong with that coolant, I have somewhere to turn.

Now, I have a different setup on my computer, Danger Den, because I cool CPU, VPU and NB. AG is as of now for the CPU only so I had to give that idea up.

Anyway, Danger Den is in and I'm happy... I ran the system first outside the computer to see for leaks and once done. I removed that coolant and wanted to replace with new coolant.

The coolant used first was original DD coolant, but I figured... With so many resellers of CM products, some coolant will be easy thing to get....

No Sir, every single shop I went to that had huge posters with CM logo, posters about being aut. resellers of CM and CM stickers all over the place did not have a drop of liquid. Not CM liquid, no DD liquid, no liquid...

But would I like to have 10's of AG I could have it, but ran on air...

I suppose there is no gain for the shop owner to sell coolant and they don't care.

But I must admit I'm surprised that also UK has an issue about it...

What I wish for most would be an original CM shop with only CM products in it!

I would apply for that post right away....

Anyway, because of this kind of ignorance and greed from the shops, one has no other option but to mix and match at home in the kitchen.

Ron    1

Mmm yes...I see :?

I just asked our sales manager for Sweden and its not available yet there.

You can try contacting Colorcase when it will be availeble.

Jamesy    0

The thing that really hacks me off about all this is the huge "Thermal Conductivity Fluid SAG-K01" that's been "Coming Soon!" for a couple of months now on the Coolermaster European website.

I mean - guys - would that be "soon" relative to the last ice-age, or "soon" as in the next couple of weeks?