Chris Downs

Replacement fan for an older PSU?

Chris Downs    0

Hi,

I need to replace the fan in my 1000W PSU I got in 2008. Its model number is RS-A00-ESBA. I cannot register it as when I enter the serial number it errors out and says it's not known, so I can't see if I can request parts or not.

Annoyingly, the fan is a non-standard size, so I can't just stick any 120mm fan in there. It's a lot thinner from what I recall - I took it apart a few months ago to see if I could fix it, and annoyingly I didn't take photos or write things down... I know...

The fan works, it's just making a noise I would rather do without - it's always done it, and I should have RMA'd the day I got it, but the PC was always somewhere noisy so I didn't care at the time. Now it is somewhere a lot quieter though.

Anyone know how I can get a new fan, or what the exact spec of it is? I could easily do it myself if I can find a fan that will fit. Don't really want to buy a new PSU, as there's nothing wrong with this one besides the fan.

Thanks!

Owen Chen    0

Hi Chris, 

I see the fan dimension is 135*135*25mm, but it is sad Cooler Master doesn't sell this type for retail market........Orz

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story3&reid=52

I suggest you can try to ask CM customer service for a replace fan, or you can buy others the same fan at new egg. (be careful PSU fan connector isn't the same as case fan)    

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=fan+135mm&N=-1&isNodeId=1