Manny Ardines

CM Storm Trooper Front Panel not functioning correctly.

Hello,

I just finished a build in the Trooper case and the front panel is not functioning correctly. I removed the stock fans and replaced them all with Corsairs AFs, which I installed directly to the motherboard, as I wanted the board to handle fan speeds automatically. I did install all the cables for the HDD light, reset, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD audio, as well as the power button. I also connected the molex from the front panel into the PSU in order to power it. However, I'm having no functionality from the HDD activity light, USB 3.0 ports, and the front panel buttons don't light up.

Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks.

Pclinde    197

Hello,

I just finished a build in the Trooper case and the front panel is not functioning correctly. I removed the stock fans and replaced them all with Corsairs AFs, which I installed directly to the motherboard, as I wanted the board to handle fan speeds automatically. I did install all the cables for the HDD light, reset, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HD audio, as well as the power button. I also connected the molex from the front panel into the PSU in order to power it. However, I'm having no functionality from the HDD activity light, USB 3.0 ports, and the front panel buttons don't light up.

Please let me know if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks.

Can you double check the instruction manual? Link: http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/support/downloads/75/Global

I have gone through all the instructions and haven't been able to solve this issue. According to the manual, the cable that supplies power to the front panel is a four pin connector, which I'm assuming is the molex connector coming from the panel itself. Is that correct or is there another cable that supplies the power to the panel?

Pclinde    197

I have gone through all the instructions and haven't been able to solve this issue. According to the manual, the cable that supplies power to the front panel is a four pin connector, which I'm assuming is the molex connector coming from the panel itself. Is that correct or is there another cable that supplies the power to the panel?

The Molex cable should provide the power. Can you double check the connected Molex cable on the PSU?

I found the issue. The molex cable cable that runs from the front panel was connected to an adapter which split it into two. This adapter was not letting the power go through for some reason, but I just connected the one running from the panel directly into the power supply cable and it works now. Thanks for your input.

Pclinde    197

I found the issue. The molex cable cable that runs from the front panel was connected to an adapter which split it into two. This adapter was not letting the power go through for some reason, but I just connected the one running from the panel directly into the power supply cable and it works now. Thanks for your input.

You're welcome dude! 

Hey guys, I have a very similar problem to the OP. None of my front panel lights are on, even the one on the power button but the power button turns the CPU on and off fine. I never had my front 2 fans (which are the ones that came with the case) hooked up but today i decided to try and hook them up. I replaced the top big fan with 2 small Corsair fans and i don't have the fan on the back of the tower hooked up. I plugged I'm all the plugs directly connected to the front 2 fans into the wires at the side of the tower. The only things not plugged in are the black and brownish wires, because the top 2 Corsair fans are plugged in by other means and the 4 pin molex cable is not plugged into anything. Sorry for all the background info. 

Here are where the questions start. 1. Should the front fans turn on even if that front panel doesnt work/have power? 2. What is the name of the adapter that takes the male 4 pin molex cable and allows it to be plugged into the PSU? 3. Do the black and red wires need to be used to make that everything work?? 

Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this, any help is greatly appreciated!!