Damir Dzamastagic

Seidon 120V fan and pump on Y-Splitter

Hii to all of you,

I just wanted to know one thing that I can not find on the net via google.

As I know a conector on the motherboard for a fan has a power of 1A and you could

with a splitter connect up to 2 fans on one connector on the motherboard and be save

Couse it would take just about 0,6-0,7mA to work

So my question would be that

In the spec is written that seidon's fan has an power consumption of 0,3A

So what is the pump's amper rating?

I want to know that just to be sure that I can connect the pump and the fan with this

splitter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321240561144?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Right now I have the fan connected to my cpu fan connector on the  mobo

And the pump I have to the pwr connector wich I think is not the best solution for cooling

I think I will get the most of it if the pump is connected to the cpu fan connector on the mobo and the fan also

The seidon 120M pump has just a power consumption of 1,8Watt and 0,15Amper

But  seidon 120V pump has a higher power consumption of 3,6watt wich I find is almost as and fan of 0,3Amper

But just want to be sure it will work with the splitter

Please give me some advise what the amper the pump has

Thanks

PAK    4

hello,

Interesting thoughts, carnt give the amps on pump as i dont know and carnt find on google.

However to complicate things i  would imagine they vary with the greatist draw being when they are first turned on e.g. cold start .

Stupid question but why not just connect the pump to the power supply directly, this what custom watercoolers do, obviosly check with coller master representative first.

• Upvote 1

Hii @PAK

Well, this is not a stupid question at all.

I just was thinking that if the mobo regulate the fan it could also regulate the pump

Right now it is connected to the pwr on the motherboard.

I was thinking that if the temps are really high if you maybe OC..maybe the pump does not give the maximum flow

As it would if it is regulated by the motherboard

But your solution is not stupid at all...I just think that than the pump would always give the max ..

I will look for some more suggestions if anybody have some...

If not I will connect it to the PSU

Thanks

EDIT:

JUST FOUND IT OUT ON THE PACKAGE OF THE SEIDON 120V

FOR SOMEONE WHO WANT ALSO TO KNOW IT IT IS AS A FAN NOT MORE

IT IS WRITTEN THAT IT HAS A 0,3A CONSUMPTION AT LOAD

PAK    4

Not sure these pumps need to be regulated it would involve changing voltages in bios some motherboards carnt do this, they are not 4 pin connecters on the pump only 3, so not compatible with Pwr.

Ive looked to see if I can change mine using speedfan to no avail. If you really want to control the pump you can get front panel fan controllers with a pump controller.

Never used one always ran my pumps on max. As the noise of a pump is minimal noise compared to the extra fan speed to compensate for low flow.

Me again :)

Just was doing some google-ing and found out that you should not connect anything to PWR header on the mobo and

that it has only one function and that is if you have a cable from the power supply to connect that on the PWR header.

If the PSU dont have this connector you should leave it and not connect any fans and other things to it

So, since I had my pump on that header connected I have disconected it and with an adapter connected it directly to the power supply.

Thay also said they do it this way so that the pump is always running at max

So I will leave it that way

for now

Couse I already orderd from ebay the splitter but also with the splitter I will get the same thing becouse the pump has not 4 pin connector and

the cpu header would not control the speed becouse the pums has a 3 pin connector.

It is in the end just a  matter of choise to leave it on the psu or on the splitter becouse I will get the same anyway I connect it

Thanks PAK for replying....

Pclinde    197

Me again :)

Just was doing some google-ing and found out that you should not connect anything to PWR header on the mobo and

that it has only one function and that is if you have a cable from the power supply to connect that on the PWR header.

If the PSU dont have this connector you should leave it and not connect any fans and other things to it

So, since I had my pump on that header connected I have disconected it and with an adapter connected it directly to the power supply.

Thay also said they do it this way so that the pump is always running at max

So I will leave it that way

for now

Couse I already orderd from ebay the splitter but also with the splitter I will get the same thing becouse the pump has not 4 pin connector and

the cpu header would not control the speed becouse the pums has a 3 pin connector.

It is in the end just a  matter of choise to leave it on the psu or on the splitter becouse I will get the same anyway I connect it

Thanks PAK for replying....

Yes, if you connect it directly to the PSU it will run MAX RPM.

Cheers, Pim

Yes, if you connect it directly to the PSU it will run MAX RPM.

Cheers, Pim

Thanks for the answer...

I connected it to the psu

Was connected to the PWR header on the mobo but than I read online you should only connect a PSU if it has this connector if not you should not connect a fan or else to it

Thanks to all for advices